Paint gets splotchy when I'm trying for detail

D

drobbins12

So I'm using the createx translucent. I'm not diluting it at all. When I do my fine detail lines it starts to get splotchy,it seems that it's drying on my tip more. Do I just have to suck it up and keep cleaning the tip every 10 seconds. Or am I not doing something right.

Hey Dylan,
mate use a bit of water or illustration base and thin it out about 15 - 20%. It'll work better but depending on the detail you probably have to clean it every minute or so. pain in the bum.

what you use like airbrush ? its not all airbrush who can make fine detail as my seller tell me " if you want draw realistic artwork forget all cheap airbrush cause in little detail that doesn't work ) mabe he's crazy too lolll but some gun are good only for car models etc

Diluting helped.

Mitch, diluting it helped out alot. I thinks that was my issue. It has been semi cold in garage too, about 60 to 65 degrees. So I'm sure the paint is a little to viscous from the cold.

what you use like airbrush ? its not all airbrush who can make fine detail as my seller tell me " if you want draw realistic artwork forget all cheap airbrush cause in little detail that doesn't work ) mabe he's crazy too lolll but some gun are good only for car models etc

Mamcg,

I'm using the Talon TG w/ a 3mm tip. It has been doing a really good job for me.

Back