paint line question

W

wildchildgraffix

ok. this may be a weird question, but I used to use HOK till I had problems with their sg100 and all my kandy paintjobs had a hard time drying and not mushing. at any rate. currently I am using SEM color horizons. but I have so big jobs coming in and I want to give that WOW!!! factor. at this point I will be passing the materials bill to the customer so they know what they are paying for. Also so I don't get the gripe about money when they know most of it is for the materials. ok so on to the question: what is a good product line to use for the higher end paint jobs, I want a long lasting paint (as does everyone else) but I want the colors to come out and chew on your face while you staring at the artwork. so im asking for all inputs on product lines, (I have been out of the scene for a little while. and don't know whats available anymore). Thanks in advance for all responses.

Try using Hok UKK01 candy carrier or the UK candies. SG100 isn't supposed to be used as a candy carrier. Long explaination made short, SG100 isn't designed for high build, multi-coat use. SG100 is basically just color coat without the color. If you put down 5-6 layers of any basecoat, you'd run into problems. If not right away, then in the long run, the paint job would fail prematurely.

The UKK-01 and UK candies are 2k, like a clear coat. This provides the structural integrity a multi-coat candy paint job needs to last.

If you've sworn off HoK, pretty much every custom paint brand has similar products, and the same "rules" apply. I like X-otic's line, and especially their clears. I've had good results with the Matrix FX line as well.

Try using Hok UKK01 candy carrier or the UK candies. SG100 isn't supposed to be used as a candy carrier. Long explaination made short, SG100 isn't designed for high build, multi-coat use. SG100 is basically just color coat without the color. If you put down 5-6 layers of any basecoat, you'd run into problems. If not right away, then in the long run, the paint job would fail prematurely.

The UKK-01 and UK candies are 2k, like a clear coat. This provides the structural integrity a multi-coat candy paint job needs to last.

If you've sworn off HoK, pretty much every custom paint brand has similar products, and the same "rules" apply. I like X-otic's line, and especially their clears. I've had good results with the Matrix FX line as well.

Dragin: thanks dude. I always loved how hok sprayed and their candies are pertyfull...maybe i will try it. I also fou d a brand called dna. Anyone know about this brand?

Back