paint on TPU cases

Mohdalsaqqal

Young Tutorling
I want to do paint job on TPU cover mobiles , i tried spray , water colors , nails paint .
Spray its take forever to get dry , and it’s still sticky , i tried water colors and i sprayed clear coat layer , but its get cracked ,

Im thinking about get aclinic paints and mix it with silicone , thats will work ?

I want something to dry fast and not crack when i use the cover , something stay flexible , i need your help !
And I'm sorry about my English

Thanks in advance

Maybe try making an introduction so we know more about you?
https://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Welcome dragon.jpg
Not know where on this planet you live or what airbrushes you are using makes it a lot harder to fully give you the best answer.
Wicked paint made by createx does work on most surfaces and is flexible and dry fast when you use the reducer made by Createx .
It can be shot through a .15 or higher nozzle sized airbrush.
But the next question is what is your TPU made out of ?

Thank you for replay ,
TPU is Thermoplastic
And im not using airbrush , im using another technique, but in the end of the day , the paint will matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, this is an airbrush forum - so, only natural the answers might be tailored for that application. I have read you can use something like Krylon Fusion, or some other multi surface paint to base with, and then work on top of that. Keep in mind that TPU is polyurethane, and may have release agents on the surface from manufacturing. It is possible that the surface may also need scuffing, or sanding to allow for good adhesion, and anything you use on it, should be semi flexible, or it will crack...

well, this is an airbrush forum - so, only natural the answers might be tailored for that application. I have read you can use something like Krylon Fusion, or some other multi surface paint to base with, and then work on top of that. Keep in mind that TPU is polyurethane, and may have release agents on the surface from manufacturing. It is possible that the surface may also need scuffing, or sanding to allow for good adhesion, and anything you use on it, should be semi flexible, or it will crack...
Thank you thats helping , but i want to know which products has semi flexible materials ?
For example (acrylic paints) will crack after dry because its not flexible !
But I believe there is other products or other materials will be more flexible !

Thank you thats helping , but i want to know which products has semi flexible materials ?
For example (acrylic paints) will crack after dry because its not flexible !
But I believe there is other products or other materials will be more flexible !

After you've done your intro I would suggest you go get hold of your local paint manufacturers/suppliers... it depends on the end application as well rather than just the flexibility, etc. This is an airbrush forum and the sort of advice you are seeking is probably better taken to a paint supplier.

After you've done your intro I would suggest you go get hold of your local paint manufacturers/suppliers... it depends on the end application as well rather than just the flexibility, etc. This is an airbrush forum and the sort of advice you are seeking is probably better taken to a paint supplier.
I understand, i just ask many paints suppliers, and they said almost all product will cracked after dry , and i have to try until i find a product !

I understand, i just ask many paints suppliers, and they said almost all product will cracked after dry , and i have to try until i find a product !

In that case I expect paint is the wrong material for your application. What sort of cases are they? Are they travel cases...? If so... All paint will crack or chip.

flexible TPU will have release chemicals on it and from what I have read its not the easiest to prep sufficiently to get ANY sort of paint to adhere.
from a quick search it seems you'll need to remove ALL gloss, apply wax and grease remover, prime , light sand, apply artwork, apply clear coat

Given that this is an airbrush forum you will only get recommendations for airbrush paints that are suitable.
There is a product that they use as a primer/sealer for latex so that might be a good start once you get the TPU prepped.
https://createxcolors.com/illustration-airbrush-colors/additives-cleaners-clears/5092.html
you need to remember that the 'no chip/crack/peel' is describing airbrushed paint onto the primer, . there is no guarantee that the adhesion promoter will actually adhere to the TPU.
any other method of applying paint will add significant thickness... which will mean it will be more likely to crack

You obviously didnt look to hard for your info.....

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...WMRY8KHfbACscQ1QIoAXoECAoQAg&biw=1449&bih=781

You wouldn't happen to be related to another new member here looking for info on painting display cabinates? Mohus, I think...
Maybe get together and sell your phone cases from his cabinets...
Seriously though...If you can get the primer and/or sealer to stick, the paint will...

Mr micron has it right.

You'll want an adhesion promoter.
I'd recommend something serious 3m,sem, hok, ppg
Basically whatever your auto paint suppliers have for bare bumper covers.

From there wicked has plenty of flex....way more than needed for a phone case.

Maybe a flex additive for your clear but ..I doubt it's needed.

Might be a good candidate for createx clear.

Most likely your issue isn't flex as much as it is simply not getting adhesion.

Back