Paint still flowing when 'snapping off'.?

C

Compleks

Sure this has been answered before, but I wouldn't have a clue where to begin searching. Sorry.

Just got up, excited to do some more practice and I have an issue with my brush.
I thought I had cleaned everything well after yesterdays use.

I was warming up with some lines and dots, but noticed that when I 'snap off' the trigger, I'm still getting some paint flowing. It's not much, but enough to make my lines look a little like dagger strokes, and my dots have a little trail between them like a join the dots picture.

I cleaned the brush and it helped, but it's still visible.

Needle is pushed in firmly and nut is secured tightly.

Any ideas???

Prob just some stubborn paint in the tip/nozzle, worse case scenario is a cracked nozzle, break out a magnifying glass and have a real close look

Here's a wild guess. If the needle seal is too tight, the spring behind the trigger may not be strong enough to push the needle all the way forward when you release the trigger. If a light push on the rear of the needle stops the spray, this could be the problem. You should feel just a slight drag from the seal when you install the needle. It may be adjustable. The spring tension may also be adjustable. There may be dried paint in the seal that needs to cleaned out.

Don

I you look at the image below, try turning the Travel Adjuster (the grey part as indicated in the legend) clockwise when you are looking toward the front end from the back one turn.

VEGA+1000.png

If that does not stop the bleeding and the gun is properly cleaned then it may be what rebel suggested.

Wow. Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Seems to have sorted itself out. I think it may have just been a cleaning issue, even though I thought I had done a pretty good job.
Cheers.

I you look at the image below, try turning the Travel Adjuster (the grey part as indicated in the legend) clockwise when you are looking toward the front end from the back one turn.

View attachment 7572

If that does not stop the bleeding and the gun is properly cleaned then it may be what rebel suggested.

i had the same problem and it always happend after i adjusted this piece,, i try to keep it quite loose so there is not as much tension on my nose picker

Back