paint

J

jason

I am new to air brush been out and bought myself iwata ecl3500 eclipse sbs side-feed i had some acrylic paint mixed it with water andwent to it dagger strokes etc and tried to paint humming bird my god the firstday splatter everywhere then next day i thought my be the compressor needs thepressure turning down so i nether used one before have read up on how it worksand i have turned it down much better but the paint seems not to flow constantlyand is very hard to get it to spray even stroke especially on fine work itseems blobby in the line like no paint then some what do i need to do to makethis work do i go and get new paint if so which i was thinking of trying the leopardand like to paint portraits and flowers can anyone help thank you

hello jason welcome to the forum
i dont really know what the problem is it could be the paint? what brand is it as someone might be able to help
they say to thin most paints so its the thickness of skimmed milk ,it could have bits in if its old which will make it splutter so filtering it might help if nothing else does , might just be your nozzle/needle needs cleaning if it got worse by the second day?
does it spray plain water ok?
hope you get it sorted

thanks but think its not the right paint i have cleand my air brush last night i noticed paint had stuck to the needle i will try some basic painting again to night but think i will have to buy paint used for air brush not just acrilyc for brush painting

even propper airbrush paint will dry on the needle and need cleaning off regular while you work
you can try food colouring or crack open a fountain pen ink cartridge until you get some more paint

Hi Jason, it could be that the pigments of your acrylic paint are too big for the airbrush, or you might even have to thinn it out some more and have a try.
But personaly i would recommend to get a special airbrush color, you only need a bottle of black for the beginning if you only want to do the practice sheets.

yeah iwill what paper should i be using i am using all sorts the one i have done theeyes on to night socked up the paint lost its edge i have long way to go justhad a look at some one else’s first eyes a lot better than mine better try abit harder and get the paint lol

yeah iwill what paper should i be using i am using all sorts the one i have done theeyes on to night socked up the paint lost its edge i have long way to go justhad a look at some one else’s first eyes a lot better than mine better try abit harder and get the paint lol
Simple excercises i usualy do on abit of a better printer paper that is usualy called high res or something like that, depends on the brand. For simple dots a copy paper will also do.
If you decide to paint something that you wanna keep, you should get yourself a airbrush paper, its usualy a 250g paper that is very good. Also poster board is being used and cansen board.
Also at the beginning i think we all put up much too much paint on the paper sometimes and soaked it all up, with more experience you will build up your paint more in layers and not too wet.

thanks will see what happens tomoz i get what your saying with putting to much paint on

got some water based paint to day and some transparent which i have not used yet i was told at the shop to add acdrop of the paint colour to it when i use it well had another go at the eyes skin looks better but detail is hard to do help please i have fined the black down so i am not putting to much on at once which has helped

what make did you get buddy, did you pick up some reducer aswell or you still using water.the transparent base will be about as thick as the paint, it just hasn't got any pigment, so if you put 1 drop of paint 1 trans and 1st reducer then effectively you have only reduced it by 50% mess around with the ratio on a blank piece of paper, maybe try 1 drop paint, 3 drop transparent, and 3drop reducer something like that, it all really depends on the brand of paint really buddy.let us know and I'm sure someone can give you some advice for detailing

I am new to air brush been out and bought myself iwata ecl3500 eclipse sbs side-feed i had some acrylic paint mixed it with water andwent to it dagger strokes etc and tried to paint humming bird my god the firstday splatter everywhere then next day i thought my be the compressor needs thepressure turning down so i nether used one before have read up on how it worksand i have turned it down much better but the paint seems not to flow constantlyand is very hard to get it to spray even stroke especially on fine work itseems blobby in the line like no paint then some what do i need to do to makethis work do i go and get new paint if so which i was thinking of trying the leopardand like to paint portraits and flowers can anyone help thank you.
Hello and well come, I can tell you that to make good the gun you better conprare aspeciali colors for airbrush.
One thing is very inportant cleaning the airbrush.
Once you have watched these important rules do some tests with different pressures to find the correct balance air color.

I bought aquamax 100g paint and still using water to reduceit well i used it to day not impressed any fine work even thinned down was constantlydrying on the tip did you see the leopard i did with it to day

Back