Paint

B

Brooklyn

Wen I pull the trigger back a little no paint comes out.i can't get the paint to flow nice though the airbrush I try master airbrush and Iwata airbrush and now badger krone and still the same thing happens

Ok first off we need more information..

What paint are you using?
What reducer are you using and at what mixture are you reducing your paint?
What air pressure are you trying to shoot at?
What type of compressor are you using..IE tankless or tank?
Will the airbrush shoot water or if using urethane paint will it shoot just the reducer for it?
I can not see the Iwata or the Krome not shooting paint unless your paint is to thick or you left paint in the cup and it is clogged up.
If you are using waterbased paint buy some Airbrush Restorer made by Createx and sold at Coast Airbrush. It will dissolve the paint in the nozzle.
Also when you clean your airbrush only soak the nozzle and the needle..

I was ging to coment but micron beat me to it . I wood like to try air brush restorer i naver have
brooklyn were are you from your my closest forum member if you do come from brooklyn. I live oot in suffolk county

I use auto air one part paint three part reducer .high performa reducer wen the trigger is half pulled paint comes out . But no thin lines I tried everything . The krome straight out of the box could do it either. I using the cheap compresser thats comes wif the master series t20 I think that's the problem. But I don't really know if that's it.

Yea I from n.y my tag is Brooklyn but I live and the bronx

Well I suggest you get some Airbrush restorer and clean your Nozzles on all you airbrushes.
Next 3 to 1 reduction on Autoair is through a .35 or larger nozzle. @ 35 PSI
For the Krome you should be 6 to 1 to start and can go up to as much as 30 to 1. With PSI ranging from 30 PSI to 5 PSI.
If I remember correctly the TC-20 compressor is a tankless compress and without the trigger depressed on the airbrush it might be holding 40PSI but as soon as you push the trigger down your PSI drop to 15 maybe 20 of usable pressure.

So mainly you sound as if you either need a tank type compressor or reduce your paint to flow with the actual pressure that your tankless compress is putting through the line when in use.

This may seem a bit obvious but have you made sure the needle chuck nut is snug? does the needle move in and out when you pull trigger back? Sorry but sometimes we miss the obvious and it was not asked I had to. lol

Thanks for the info you guys are great at response fast . I go to home deport and buy a big compresser wif a tank. Next am switching paint I was using createx. Wicked detail colors . And then auto air but they all do the same thing . The last paint am buying before I quit is house of color. Am Gunnar try that .

Lol yes I tried that I even buy Teflon tape around the needle chuck just in case it was loose . The needle goes back and forth I see it wen I pull the trigger. Is weird I don't get it . I know is me but am frustr. Because I brought the master airbrush . I brought the iwata airbrush last month . Did the same thing even .5 nozzle . This week got the rk1 badger .21 tip no paint comes out only wen the trigger is half pulled does the paint come out. But if the trigger is half pulled I can't get control of the airbrush cause I don't know wen the paint is coming out

The master. The iwata eclipse .badger rk1 they all do the same thing half pulled . I even try small dots I have to pull the trigger half back before paint comes out and sometimes paint don't even come out I feel like a punk crying hear . But a spend money on this I don't want to quit. I thought it was easy but guess not lol

It's not easy Bro.... but you need to get your reduction right. ...I would say your reduction wad wrong to start with and now your nozzle is dirty/clogged try giving your brush a clean . Then when you get back to spraying try the wicked at around 20 psi reduced 1: 6part reducer

Maybe a bit less reduced than that to be honest. ... but it will give you less problems and at least tell you if your brush is working Ok

Ok thanks am waiting for my compresse to come but am writing even thing down thanks a million

Thanks for the info you guys are great at response fast . I go to home deport and buy a big compresser wif a tank. Next am switching paint I was using createx. Wicked detail colors . And then auto air but they all do the same thing . The last paint am buying before I quit is house of color. Am Gunnar try that .

HOK will do the same thing that the water base is unless you reduce it for the actual air pressure that your current compressor is at when the trigger is pressed on. Also you will really want that airbrush restorer prior to throwing urethane in the mix cause you may end up with a gummy mess..
The paints you are using will work through all those airbrushes ., It is just a matter of learning how to reduce it with the amount of air pressure you can shoot at. Being you are buying a new compressor with a tank wait until you get it set up and give it another go.

woa dude sit back and take a breather theirs a big reason your having this difficulty. when i first started i bought a badger compressor from ac moore and at 20 dollars i thought i was getting an awesome deal (no auto shut off , tank ,regulator had to get all that extra and also the badger 150 had a loose teflon needle bearing the thing pulsed wildly like a broken line on a highway.Thain i bought a badger 360 and nearly the same thing finaly i got the velocity and that worked . i also had a load of problems with paint wicked auto air and createx, thain i got the infinity and the micron and krome. also i am using almost only etac efx and com art both are intended for use in fine detail guns. my point is 90 % of the people who had my problems would have given up on airbrushing . so you haven't given up yet . the problem with hok is its not realy good to use in doors and if you live in the bronx I am guessing you might live in an apartment building.
Theres got to be a problem with your equipment if you lived out on the island i would say i could pay you a visit and check your equipment .

Last edited:
sory had to stop for a moment. is there a way for youy to get some kind of magnifying loop to carefully look into your nozzle from behind to make sure you dont have any clog issues . also I am a bit of a fine detail junkie I am constantly trying to get super fine detail just look at my thread in works in progress called micro feathers i did those with iether the krome or micron with etac efx paint. the problem with getting reductions right is if you go to thin you wont get a fine line you will wind up with centipieding or spidering. the guns you are using are all awesome guns and should work

Yea I know is in wrong place lol but am from the bronx and that's how we roll

It was the compressor for sure . I did it . It finaly spray wif a small trigger pulled. Fine line and everything . The krome is Crazy nice . Even the master did nice detail work . I did not try the Iwata cause that bigger nozzle for sure it would of spray . Thanks for your support guys I couldn't do it with out you. Guys. I did one part paint three part reducer high perform reducer. Two part transparent base . Pressure at 25 psi

Back