painted metal

J

Jezurus

I am painting a computer case, its painted black, do I need to skuff up the surface with some wet/dry sandpaper before I paint on it?
Also, should I use paper or friskit for my stencils? The image I will be painting will be Jason (Fri the 13th) it will have an image. And lettering.
I will be using Wicked paint.
Thanks in advance

I would use paper shields personally, frisket always leaves residue behind when I use it. If anything I'd use auto mask on the lettering.
The surface should always be scuffed prior to painting.

I would use paper shields personally, frisket always leaves residue behind when I use it. If anything I'd use auto mask on the lettering.
The surface should always be scuffed prior to painting.
Thank you for the quick answer, I'm not familiar with auto mask, I have searched the site and found some vids that showing work in progress using multiple paper masks,
Any tips or suggestions? Thanks again!!:thumbsup::sleep:

:depressed:OK, so auto mask is kinda like the paper mask used to apply vinyl letters? We actually have some of that at work, :thumbsup: thank you.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the sticky mickeys, it's too low tack for most things, just get transfer tape for vinyl . Very versatile. I love my roll of 4" for quick general masking.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the sticky mickeys, it's too low tack for most things, just get transfer tape for vinyl . Very versatile. I love my roll of 4" for quick general masking.
Cool, will pick some up!!!

Back