painting indoors

K

kardar2

hello All,

I have watched some videos with people painting in side of their house. Doesn't over spray cover every thing and walls ? thanks

I've put some cardboard on the wall where i paint. I did some base coats on some tins and that made a real mess. Short answer yes it makes a bit of mess. If your doing fine detail,not so much.

As Faram said :) One thing I did learn whilst painting indoors- I generally use a computer for my reference display, this way I can zoom in and out on details etc, its not a good idea LOL, computer fans suck that crap in like ya wouldn't believe LOL..Either way if your gonna paint indoors, set up an extraction unit to get rid of the pesky paint dust, especially if you have kids around, then its actually not too messy at all but the missus will still hate you :)

As Faram said :) One thing I did learn whilst painting indoors- I generally use a computer for my reference display, this way I can zoom in and out on details etc, its not a good idea LOL, computer fans suck that crap in like ya wouldn't believe LOL..Either way if your gonna paint indoors, set up an extraction unit to get rid of the pesky paint dust, especially if you have kids around, then its actually not too messy at all but the missus will still hate you :)

damn, now you got me wanting to check my pc. lol , i can only imagine

And if you think your getting paint everywhere, dont forget a mask, i only use water base,so a dust mask is ok. If you use anything flamable,you need a real mask,and real ventalation.

dont forget a mask

LOL, its to hard to stick the ciggie in me mouth and drink my bourban doing it with a mask, but sound advice, if I looked into me computer I'd prob get a snap shot of what me lungs look like, besides the tar it would be a pretty rainbow in there LOL

18 months without a ciggi,after 20 years smoking. But love a drink when i'm painting.

Depends on what you paint and with what. I paint in a small 2nd bedroom right next to the main bedroom and have no problems at all. My pieces are all small and the Com-art paint don't smell (much). The missus don't even mention it and she has a nose like a blood hound.

damn, now you got me wanting to check my pc. lol , i can only imagine

grate i'm using my mom's laptop...if i stop now it might not be to late!!!..you guy's just saved my life!!! lol good input, ever think about a case,or a box if some sort to place the putter in??? i'll think about that

Back