Painting on Glass

P

Phatboy

Any off you're good selves painted on glass??? I been asked to paint a shop window any hints an tips would be great:rolleyes:

Not yet. But you might want to check into Pebeo Vitrea Paints. They're a translucent ceramic/glass paint that might make your project a bit easier?

Not yet. But you might want to check into Pebeo Vitrea Paints. They're a translucent ceramic/glass paint that might make your project a bit easier?

cheers for that fire brush will have a nosey:)

Any off you're good selves painted on glass??? I been asked to paint a shop window any hints an tips would be great:rolleyes:

Hi Phatboy

You may want to check this out, here you can probably find a glass primer which will allow you to still be able to airbrush your design, there are other websites, just google "glass primers" or "translucent glass primers" worked for me, lol

http://www.glasspaint.com/

Hi Phatboy

You may want to check this out, here you can probably find a glass primer which will allow you to still be able to airbrush your design, there are other websites, just google "glass primers" or "translucent glass primers" worked for me, lol

http://www.glasspaint.com/

Thanks Malky that's excellent cheers for the advice:)

i have never done it but would love to do it! i have been asked but was to affraid to do it at the time.

Try the lechler paints web site as they sell a type of paint specific to glass painting .

I've used Wicked paints for store fronts at Christmas and things like that. Temporary only, I wouldn't think it could hold up over time. But, I can say I did a winter scheme for a local store 4 months ago and it's the same as the day I did it. Anything permanent, and I'd go with something tried and true, made for glass.

And just a thought, if they want it painted on the inside, but want it to read from the outside...everything has to be backwards, and layers are inverted if it's more than one color.

I use pebio, but it has to be fired. They do have an air dry but I have not had much fun with it.
I know people that use Krylon on glass and mirror with sucess, spray cans from Wilkinsons but I find them beyter on ceramics.
I do have some ESP (Easy Surface Prep) some where in the garage, It's the stuff used on glass bus shelteres and on London UnderGround to prep the surfaces for "normal" paint.
I'l dig it out and post a lin to the distributor as soon as I can.
As for reverse glass painting, You need to [practice to get the hang of it (and youll still go v e r y s l o w l y) but one way to practice is to print off stencils as colour seps but paint them on in reverse order.

I've used Wicked paints for store fronts at Christmas and things like that. Temporary only, I wouldn't think it could hold up over time. But, I can say I did a winter scheme for a local store 4 months ago and it's the same as the day I did it. Anything permanent, and I'd go with something tried and true, made for glass.

And just a thought, if they want it painted on the inside, but want it to read from the outside...everything has to be backwards, and layers are inverted if it's more than one color.

Is wicked easy to wash off when the customer wants to change the design?

Yes , On glass ...
Now how about heading to the introduction section and make a proper introduction.
you can find it here : http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Oh great, sorry I guess I put the cart in front of the horse but it is now done. Thank you for letting me know where it was. I stumbled upon this in a google cyclone trying to research paints for airbrush window painting. :) look forward to being a part of the community

Oh great, sorry I guess I put the cart in front of the horse but it is now done. Thank you for letting me know where it was. I stumbled upon this in a google cyclone trying to research paints for airbrush window painting. :) look forward to being a part of the community
Well better late then never ,
Wicked is great for want you want to use it for being unlike the standard textile createx , Wicked is light fast and does not fade with bright sunlight.

Back