Painting ON hair

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
I see some pictures around of hair painted with airbrush and I wonder :

what paint is used for that ?
Can be done with regular water based acrilics ?

It can be done with water based paint like createx detail /illustration if that's what you're asking

Hair paint , is mainly a water based dye that washes out fast and easy. I am not sure if Createx would wash out easy or not cause the hair to become stiff and maybe break or damage.
Around here they just use the Halloween hair color make up (little spray cans) but it most just stenciled on like dollars sign , butterflies and thing like that .
I have not seen anyone do full on art on hair yet that would be interesting.
But maybe Basepaint can share some clown knowledge on hair painting:D

Aaah my bad! Didn't read it properly LOL, that will teach me for checking the forum when I should be working [emoji16]

Aaah my bad! Didn't read it properly LOL, that will teach me for checking the forum when I should be working [emoji16]
I did not say it would not work but I just thought is might not be the best thing.
Then again I could work perfectly , Might give it a go on a wig first see how it works ,

No, I mean I REALLY misread the post. I thought Diego was referring to painting hair on ....... Something.....
It didn't even occur to me that he was wanting to paint ON physical hair.
Although being water based and able to be reactivated when wet there is probably no reason why it wouldn't work :)

No, I mean I REALLY misread the post. I thought Diego was referring to painting hair on ....... Something.....
It didn't even occur to me that he was wanting to paint ON physical hair.
Although being water based and able to be reactivated when wet there is probably no reason why it wouldn't work :)
I agree but I was thinking if the person used a blow dryer to help the paint dry faster it would be set for a long while.
I do have come camel hair brushes that I got pull away from and the paint dried in them . After a good long hot soak they did come clean .
But still better to test it then be sorry .

Back