Painting on Suede

• Thread starter Squeezy Jefferson
  • Start date
S

Squeezy Jefferson

Does anyone have any experience painting on suede? Anything at all that you can share? I basically want to airbrush a graffiti design on some bright blue suede roller skates. I will practice on old Uggs and scraps before I attempt it and when I do actually paint on the skates I will mask off areas with tape. Because my lines are not too good yet I will use a paint brush for the outlines. I just want the end product to look nice, I don't care how I get there.

I've been looking at Angelus paints. They are branded for use on leather and suede materials. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice, i.e. what type of paint do YOU use? Is there any hind-sight you can share from past experiences? I'm pretty excited about this project. It's a combination of two things I love, roller skating and painting.

Thanks in advance:D

I've noticed that usually people heat set their shirts and suede items. Because I'll be painting on my skates, that would be difficult. Any suggestions? Thanks for that link, I watched it several times. Great advice.

I've noticed that usually people heat set their shirts and suede items. Because I'll be painting on my skates, that would be difficult. Any suggestions? Thanks for that link, I watched it several times. Great advice.

Paint stripping heat gun on a low heat using one the channelling compact blower heads that come with it:)

I have a miniature hot iron that I used for applying oracover on balsa model planes, it's designed to get into awkward places and also has adjustable heat settings, as far I know these cost around $40

Last edited:
Back