Painting on window panels question...

G

grafik_dragonz

Does anybody know if i can use createx/wicked on window panels? will they last? Do i have to apply any type of clear for the paint to stay on? I will be painting simple flowers at my sisters house.

Thanks ahead

Acrylics are plastic. You will have to protect it somehow. But there are paints made for glass that can be oven baked but you can spray them on.

One Shot is your best bet for painting on glass. I've pinstriped many glass bottles with One Shot and it holds up great. If you add some hardener it will hold up even better. No clear coat required.

One Shot is your best bet for painting on glass. I've pinstriped many glass bottles with One Shot and it holds up great. If you add some hardener it will hold up even better. No clear coat required.

Do i have to reduce or thin out one shot? Also i think createx makes automotive paints...will they work the same way as one shot?

No , Even the AutoAir by Createx will not hold up long on glass.
One Shot is great stuff and works well on glass ,
Are you pin stripping with a brush or are you planing on airbrushing.
Standard Createx is not color fast so on a window it will fade fast.
Wicked is color fast and the color will hold up but if they wash the windows you run the risk of it all coming off.
Samething with AutoAir. Autoair is designed for automotive use but you still use a urethane clear coat on top to protect it and lock it down.

If you're going to airbrush the One Shot, you will need to reduce it. You can use One Shot reducer or mineral spirits. When you airbrush One Shot, it tends to loose the nice glossy finish that you get when you brush it on. Using some hardner helps a bit to retain some of the gloss. One Shot does spray nice through an airbrush when reduced, but its nasty stuff to spray so make sure you wear a mask. I've always been able to achieve good results with One Shot by using various pinstriping and art brushes brushes and haven't had to resort to spraying it. One Shot will stick great to glass. Just make sure you clean it really well first with some Windex glass cleaner. Here's some stuff I did with One Shot and some brushes. The Rat Fink is on an old hand saw and the skull/roses is on a glass bottle. No airbrush used here.

DSC02955.JPGDSC02974.JPG

Awesome notes people. Thanks.

I will be freehanding the majority of the painting with brushes first then i will add details and shadings with the airbrush at the very end.

thanks grafik_dragonz for that.i´have project that i have left behind because of that.its about painting glass bottles with an airbrush,but the base color i used didn´t hold.what can i use for base for the bottles.

Back