Panhead here….

@Mr.Micron I was kinda weighing in the inclusion of the air line into the overall decision not really even recognizing it is hard coiled plastic, which I too dislike. So your points on the benefits of the 10’ braided hose are very beneficial.

For the minimal additional cost and the additional features received it seems as though the 270 is an outstanding value.

I dont want to blow out my budget on a brush as I still need paint!….. and with a side feed I’d still have to buy cups to enjoy the features of quick color changes.

Spraygunner advised the side feed will be restocked in two weeks, so that’s reasonable.

I guess this is why people have multiple brushes, benefits and drawbacks to all of them.

And lastly and most importantly it appears with either the 267, 270 or side feed I will be able to airbrush my name on my lovely wife’s arm!,!, LOL lol

Thank you for the response, my best to all!
Just make sure it is body paint you use on her or else ya may not be able to sleep safely LMAO...

Soon ya can paint this I was just messing around the other night. It is nothing special but it was something to do.IMG_20230318_213949.jpg

@Mr.Micron

Oh my goodness….. you have your dad’s panhead - man that must bring great joy and memories.

I absolutely love the painting!

You do a lot of your work on a 5x7 canvas?

I love this painting on that size, you’ve captured enough of the motorcycle to inspire the imagination to create the rest of the bike. I don’t need to see the full bike, I very much like that approach.

@Mr.Micron

Oh my goodness….. you have your dad’s panhead - man that must bring great joy and memories.

I absolutely love the painting!

You do a lot of your work on a 5x7 canvas?

I love this painting on that size, you’ve captured enough of the motorcycle to inspire the imagination to create the rest of the bike. I don’t need to see the full bike, I very much like that approach.
Bike tins are small on the older bikes and that is mainly what folks around me want me to paint. Not many run full dressers or baggers . I'm supposed to be getting a 35 super scout Indian sometime this spring ,The guy has been working on it for about a decade and fills he's ready to get everything powder coat and painted. So I just have to wait to see if he brings it to me or not.

Plus painting detail at 5x7 make getting better and more detail at a larger size so much easier...LOL

A little bummed at the moment, I was ready to pull the trigger (literally lol) on the Creos 276 side feed and then I learned from spraygunner there are no replacement parts for this model. I don’t think I want to purchase something that doesn’t have a supply of parts…..

Locally, I found a used Iwata HP-SB Plus for $100.00. The seller states it works fine, but the gun is not clean. It has several colors of paint on the handle, cap and cup. The fact that it’s not clean kinda turns me off, it sorta sends the signal that it’s not well cared for… at least to my expectations - maybe that’s thinking it too much. But I think this is pretty good deal and I really like this model. Thinking pretty hard on purchasing this one.

I also found locally an Iwata HP-A for $55.00. It looks brand new which I guess is fairly common since it doesn’t have a cup it was probably used sparingly. Not sure if this is focused too much on detail work but it is an Iwata and the price seems favorable.

Comments welcome.

My Best To All

A little bummed at the moment, I was ready to pull the trigger (literally lol) on the Creos 276 side feed and then I learned from spraygunner there are no replacement parts for this model. I don’t think I want to purchase something that doesn’t have a supply of parts…..

Locally, I found a used Iwata HP-SB Plus for $100.00. The seller states it works fine, but the gun is not clean. It has several colors of paint on the handle, cap and cup. The fact that it’s not clean kinda turns me off, it sorta sends the signal that it’s not well cared for… at least to my expectations - maybe that’s thinking it too much. But I think this is pretty good deal and I really like this model. Thinking pretty hard on purchasing this one.

I also found locally an Iwata HP-A for $55.00. It looks brand new which I guess is fairly common since it doesn’t have a cup it was probably used sparingly. Not sure if this is focused too much on detail work but it is an Iwata and the price seems favorable.

Comments welcome.

My Best To All
The HP-SB while in an unclean state you can get parts for them but more then likely after a good cleaning it will work just fine. Plus the Hp-SB+ new is about a 300 dollar airbrush. You can also get can get these optional : 1/4 oz. side-cup, 1/2 oz. gravity cup or a 1 oz. siphon bottle add to the versatility of this airbrush, @Coast AIrbrush the 1 oz. bottle feed is about 8 bucks.
You can also put the .2 or .3 needle nozzle and aircap to make it a 2 in one kid of thing.

The HP-A is used more in the fingernail painting world so I have found
Sucks that the Creos 276 has no spare parts to be bought.

Comments welcome.

My Best To All
availability of parts is why I'm 95% Iwata brushes, there's a good steady supply of them here in Australia, everything else requires good tracking skills.
If buying second hand, factor in the cost of a new nozzle & Needle & seals then decide if it's a good deal or not. be aware there is a difference in parts between an HP-SB and a HP-SB Plus - the 'plus' is the newer version but now the Tukami is the latest version.
The A 'cup' is useful at the end of a piece and you just want to put in highlights, Its no longer produced so you won't find it new anymore.

2D - yes, it was/is an h model….

Still researching and undecided on a new brush, it is a bit tough with so many options. However, with my cost point at around $100.00 my options have narrowed down!

One thing I did like about the vintage paasche was the siphon cup. I had a few extra cups and it made color changes super easy. So I am thinking siphon over gravity, but I see how popular gravity‘s are and I suppose it is for good reason. But I’ve never used a gravity feed. Definitely not absolute on siphon just liked it from previous usage.

I see myself using the brush for watercolors, automotive, motorcycles and I do leather crafting too and would like to incorporate airbrushing into my leather works.

Oh, and I also want to airbrush my name on my wife’s arm…. I’ve been wanting to have it tattooed on her arm forever, but she always refuses. But I think I might have a chance since they apparently make temporary tattoo ink for airbrushing. Lol……

So, if you have any suggestions on a new airbrush, I’m all ears!

I do have a pan, she is my first wife - bought her when I was 15, long before I met my ”human wife” - lol….. It’s a bit of a hodge podge, but it’s my baby….. The bottom end is a 1949, the top end in a 1972 shovel, frame is a knuckle and the forks are 50’s pan….. I mentored with some custom auto painters while in high school and the pan was my canvas. We changed the color every winter, added chrome and my mentors would spray murals and help me with the custom work. Great times……

I appreciate the warm welcomes, thank you.
Welcome, I sold my 82 Wideglide in order to purchase a computer and a vinyl cutting plotter. Good idea....not sure. Wish I had it on nice days but had fun and went to Sturgis a couple of times. A couple of my friends have pans and one has a shop here and has done well.

Back