Pascal's airbrush experiments

My airbrush only blows air, not fluids from the cup. I did clean everything and the problem stays.
Maybe the nozzle is damaged.

Nozzle.jpg

With out a good seal because of the worn spot towards the bottom you will have problems.
You definitely need a new one.

but the dried paint on the tip isn’t good. If the inside of the nozzle looks like the outside, a good cleaning may help.

I agree with VanGogo, that doesn't look like a 'good clean' and what ever it is that you have been using isn't very effective.
either get some Medea airbrush cleaner (this is what Com-art suggest) or some Createx Restorer - brilliant on acrylic paint and its re-useable so put a small amount in a solvent proof jar/container and put the nozzle in that for an hour or so, then use a long bristled hairy brush to 'poke' out anything in the nozzle. then back into the soaking solution. (the restorer is reusable so just seal the jar/container when you are done
I'd also suggest buying a jewellers loupe (small magnifying glass) to check the nozzle.

Once you consider its clean, reassemble your brush and try spraying water again, it should be spraying well if you have successfully cleaned the nozzle, got the needle seated correctly in the nozzle (don't push it to hard when you are inserting it) and the needle chuck at the back is sufficiently tight.

get a little bit of chapstick on the threads of the bits at the front end to seal any small air leaks

If its still not spraying then yes, a new nozzle would be the quickest way to get it working again.

Update:
No, it doesn't spray. I need a new nozzle :(
(maybe the fact that I dropped it also has something to do with it).

Update:
I received the 2 new nozzles I ordered, replaced the old nozzle with the new and did a test with water. It works fine.
And when I empty the cup it goes much faster than with the old nozzle. I think that one was damaged for a while or partially stuck with paint.

I think you are doing well.
In this phase it is more important that the shapes are right.
Don't worry too much about the color just yet.
In the next layers there is still enough room to make adjustments.

Back