Pascal's airbrush experiments

Jacky does the nozzle screw of the brass piece on that section Pascal might want to screw it off to make it easier with the fishing line l have used fishing line and it works really well great advise for Pascal.
This is all to be treated as ONE PIECE, do NOT try and seperate the two
upload_2021-9-21_16-19-32.png

I discovered that restorer is much stronger stuff than airbrush cleaner. Don't put it in a plastic cup - see picture.
This is weird because the bottle where it comes in is plastic too and don't bend or melt.

Restorer.jpg

You can use the small glass jars (normally used for siphon feed airbrushes) but I use these plastic condiment tubs - I’ve been using the same tub for the last 6 years . You normally only soak the head and mini bits so you don’t need anything larger. Because they have a lid you can’t loose anything if the tub gets knocked over, and keep it capped after you’ve removed your bits so it’s ready for next time
upload_2021-10-13_20-25-25.jpeg

it needs to be solvent proof plastic. If Acetone (nail polish remover - not the herbal kind) doesn’t eat the plastic then you’ll be fine

You can use the small glass jars (normally used for siphon feed airbrushes) but I use these plastic condiment tubs - I’ve been using the same tub for the last 6 years . You normally only soak the head and mini bits so you don’t need anything larger. Because they have a lid you can’t loose anything if the tub gets knocked over, and keep it capped after you’ve removed your bits so it’s ready for next time
View attachment 66318

it needs to be solvent proof plastic. If Acetone (nail polish remover - not the herbal kind) doesn’t eat the plastic then you’ll be fine
Thank you. I use a smal metal lid now.

I've been using the same bottle for years.
If there is too much junk in it I throw it through a paper coffee filter.
Or let it settle and pour it into another glass jar and leave the bottom part with the mess.
Not that it matters, but I don't like to throw parts
in when there's all kinds of stuff floating around in it.

I was thinking about my airbrushing and if I will continue with it. While it’s hard, I enjoy it because it is fun, but the most I worry about is if it isn’t healthy for me? A small room indoors. Spraying paint… I wear such a paont mask, but I can not say that I’m not worried. I felt a little bit dizzy after painting a lot of sky of a landscape painting.
Here’s also my previous work.

Airbrushing.png

I was thinking about my airbrushing and if I will continue with it. While it’s hard, I enjoy it because it is fun, but the most I worry about is if it isn’t healthy for me? A small room indoors. Spraying paint… I wear such a paont mask, but I can not say that I’m not worried. I felt a little bit dizzy after painting a lot of sky of a landscape painting.
Here’s also my previous work.

don't give up, yes it can be challenging but that for me is part of the 'fun'. getting out of your comfort zone is part of the learning process.

painting indoors can be challenging. If you can open windows then do it
A box fan turned backwards with a filter on it can also help.
that's part of the reason we seem to mainly use water based products. urethane is a big no no in enclosed spaces.
if you are feeling dizzy after painting then yes, you have a problem. Your mask may not be the right one for the paint you are spraying, or you are removing your mask when there is still a lot of overspray in the air.
Even water based paint has a small amount of solvent/binder in it that we should avoid breathing in if possible.
a 'dust' mask isn't sufficient if you are in a small area. maybe its time for you to get a respirator with the appropriate filter.

That is the style that many use. The filter is changeable so get the appropriate filter for what you are doing/painting with. Check the specifications of each filter prior to purchase (a dust filter is of no use if you are spraying enamels)

normally a paper ‘dust’ mask will be sufficient for most acrylic / water based paint airbrushing, but because you had a headache I’d suggest a better mask

Last edited:
This paint mask has fixed filters and has to thrown away after the filters are used up.
It’s against organic vapors and solvents.

If it’s already rated for vapours then it should be suitable ?
Because Createx doesn’t have much of an odour test spray something smelly (deodorant/perfume/body spray) and see if you can smell it, if you can then the mask isn’t working as intended, either it’s not fitting properly or the filter needs replacing

Definitely ! I used it today during airbrushing. Wearing together with glasses is not the most comfortable, but ok. (with the dust mask, I used earlier, I couldn't wear glasses at the same time).
Breathing goes fine.
When I stopped and took my mask off, you really could tell the difference because the air had really a paint smell.
The mask is essential.

I am working for about a month or so on a new drawing with sunglasses. So far with pencils to go in the finest details and today I coninued with my masking pen and customized mold to continue with airbrushing.
The color gradient of the glass looked great.
And then I completely messed up... by removing the masking pen, the paper teared. See picture with the glasses.
All that work ruined, all these hours :cry:
The paper is 260 grams and format A2.
AAH... frustration

Mistake.jpg

Back