Pascal's airbrush experiments

what a shame, what was the masking fluid you used ? - just as a warning to others. I've had success on paper with the Molotow masking fluid but don't leave it on there for days

https://www.airbrushwinkel.nl/nl/ai...schmincke-maskeer-stift-25-ml/a-1750-20000084

This was on thick 260 gr paper, my previous experiment went wrong in the same way on 250 gr paper.
But the drawing before that went perfect with this masking fluid on the same paper. That one was on the paper for about a day I think.
But a possibility why it went wrong is maybe because I use very strong magnets to keep the covering paper on it's place.
These magnet have pushed on the masking fluid too and maybe pressed it too much in the structure of the paper.

Hi,
After long thinking, I decided to quit airbrushing.
I did this for about 10 months (actually less since I took more than a month a break).
It's a great hobby and you can create beautifull work with it and if I could, I would continue with it, but I have my reasons to stop with it:
- It's time consuming. In my current situation I can spend max 2 hours / week to airbrushing.
- I want to do other things too: comic book drawing, pencil drawing, sport, ... When I want to become really good in airbrushing, I have to make it a full time job but I don't want to give up my other hobbies. I had to make a choise.
- The goal was to become good enough to make a realistic mural. But like I wrote before: I don't have enough time to become good enough for that level. I make mistakes and if I work a few months on a mural, I will make mistakes.
And a wall isn't just to replace as easy as paper.
- It's expensive. I had to buy several nozzles with stuck paint. Ok. I learned how to clean it better now, but still... it's so easy to get paint stuck in the nozzle if you don't watch out.
- It's a lot of cleaning.

It was fun and worth to try, but harder than I thought and not really for me.
In this link you can see in the first video one of my airbrush paintings:
https://www.illustratorpascal.be/video/

Pascal

we will be sorry to see you go Pascal but you need to do what makes you happy.
Cleaning is so important for any tool if its to perform to its maximum.
It certainly sounds like you aren't giving up the art side of your hobbies so I wish you the best of luck wherever your journey takes you.

I have a question for the sale of my compressor.
It's less than a year old, but when does the oil to be replaced? Every 2 years? 3 years? ...

I have a question for the sale of my compressor.
It's less than a year old, but when does the oil to be replaced? Every 2 years? 3 years? ...

Check your users manual. They should have service information in that.

if it were me, I’d keep it. You never know when you need to fill up a tire, or do some other maintenance around the house that requires an air compressor.

The user manual is very general and don't mention about frequency.
I will contact the seller then.
I don't have reasons to keep the compressor.

Back