Pasche inline moisture filter

D

Doughnuts

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with the inline Paasche inline moisture filter? Considering it as my inline solution for convenience and simplicity but don't want to cut up my hose unless it is worth it. The fallback would be the Iwata pistol grip I guess but I have heard they can be fragile and would want to install it before the quick release. I have an Iwata smartjet pro and a few iwata airbrushes.

Opinions and thoughts appreciated!

Smaug.jpg

-.-

I wouldn't cut up my hose...Iwata pistol grip is not the only option available on the market. You have many choices. You would like quality? Prepare to pay :D

airtex1-270x276.jpg

E3948-1-28d6-bjRw.jpg

e-mt-sb-plus-300w.png

ABEST-Stainless-Steel-Airbrush-Mini-Air-Filter-Spray-In-line-Moisture-Trap-New-AB-F5.jpg

Signed up! :) Some of those looks great but I haven't stumbled on them in Australia, gravitate towards Iwata as that's what most of my setup is but options are good ... Maybe i'm not looking hard enough :)

many are available via online, but yes, the Iwata one is readily available. I'll do some digging and see what i can find :)

Prepare to pay :D

I don't mind paying for quality, as long as i'm not just paying for shipping and filters :)

Only $79 shipping, bargain! o_O

Thanks everyone for all your feedback so far - This is the only other inline one I could find available in Australia at the moment but to be honest I don't know if I can trust it - It looks like a cheap Chinese one i've see advertised on ebay.

https://www.mightyape.com.au/product/3m-airhose-with-inline-moisture-trap/26854985

There ya go... Yeah I just linked it as an example. Those cheap Chinese hoses are usually pretty good. Especially the braided type like you linked. AB hoses dn t exactly see heavy duty service or anything.

Besides , guess where iwata and paasche filters are made......
You basically won't find a filter hose or compressor not made in China or Taiwan
No matter the name.

Last edited:
Whelp given that i've managed to hunt down the airtex filter which seems japanese made (?)- It's by far the most expensive option buy I don't mind paying it if the product matches the tag. What have people's experiences generally been with that? It doesn't look like it has a release valve?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whelp given that i've managed to hunt down the airtex filter which seems japanese made (?)- It's by far the most expensive option buy I don't mind paying it if the product matches the tag. What have people's experiences generally been with that? It doesn't look like it has a release valve?
I have both the Iwata and the airtex gripfilter and in all the years I use them I never had any water in those filters , I like the airtex a bit better than the Iwata but both are good .

Whelp, i got the excrements thinking about it and just bought the airtex. Also got a grex g-mac, figured since i'll probably get a talking to by the wife to get it all done in one session :D thanks everyone for the advice!

The Mr hobby ps338 with the valve or the light one without valve seems rather cool and it's made in Japan if you can hunt down one of those.

I google translated the amazon jp reviews on them, they wern't too good, a few mentioned water gtting through which kinda defeats the point.

I've never had any past the trap on the compressor. That only gets water on the cheapo tankless.
Every other compressor I've never even had water in the trap on the compressor while using an airbrush. They just don't use enough air.
But .... I Guess it's just me... Or everyone's using tankless, these things seem pretty popular. I can't understand why personally. Anyway I'm sure the ones you got will serve you well, they do seem to be the high end if what's available.

The airtex is made in Taiwan btw.
The iwata trap is China if I remember correctly, could have been Taiwan.
I wasn't paying that much attention to accessories when I was looking into where everyone gets there stuff from.
Even paasche w all their made in the USA hype gets everything but the brush from China and Taiwan and even some of the brush parts.

Back