passche vl problem with num 1 diz head

M

msheetrit

well i just got back to airbrush after many years
and after painting a while with diz and needle size3
i bought diz num1 and put the 1 needle with thw hwad of the diz
somthing very strange happening
well
as i understand todays vl passche has diferents shapes of the head, diz so i got the new head
and now when i snap the triger just for air
i get bubbles lots of the in the bottle
like flash back
i have tried to take apart to pieces and clean everything but it doesent help
i get lots of bubbles.
and i have closed it real good with ranch
and the pain doesent flow smooth at all.
what should i do ?

The needle, the head, and the copper tip in the head all have to match, the needle has a line cut around the back side 1 line fine 3 line medium 5 line large
the same goes for the head look just behind the smooth part of the cone 1, 3, or 5 lines, your tips take a little more looking set them up small end up smallest to biggest hole 1, 3, 5
those tips can be a little tight take a clothes line clamp (wood) and use it to get a better grip twist clockwise and counter not left n right or up n down you may crush the tip.
match the three up and see if that doesn't fix the issue

don't over tighten the head

Be careful and don't overtight the head it will break its just thin brass

My VL has always been kind of finicky. The needle and nozzle have to match, everything has to be tight so no air leaks (a little bees wax around the threads helps a lot)... finger tight isn't good enough on my VL... I always have to use a wrench to get it locked down tight enough. When it works, its a fine air brush, but since I switched to a badger, I haven't had any of the old Paasche problems. Make sure everything is spot on clean too... not just the nozzle. Sometimes the blow back would get so bad that it would give me grief too.

everything is clean and tighten.
the head of the nozzle num 1 and the nozzle is new.
the problem remain.
i hate this airbrush. i used to draw 10 years ago as a hobby and got back to it now after 10 years
and i really working on it now and learning and its just impossible to work with it without problems.
i used to think it was the paint and then its was ok with num3 setup
but its too thick so i bought num1 setup
the new style...
maybe thats the problem because my airbrush is old style vl.
although i undertand that this should work with, i am working with it on num3
maybe in num1 it doesent.
if just pressing air on the triger 60% of the air goes to paint cup
it just isent working at all.
if i want to use needle and nozzel 1 it only work with nozzel house num 3.
i ordered now chines veda airbrush and it should be here by now
so i will have somthing to work with until next month, i am saving money for new airbrush.
we dont have airbrushs here just overpriced passche so everything is should be ordered from usa with 40$ shiping.

Okay paasche VL, If air is going into the paint cup than you have a clog. .. I have a 40+ year old VL that has the new nozzle and needle and it still works great.
Only thing about the VL is you must make sure the nozzle is clean and the cup is seated tightly in place.
What paint are you using ,,, Brand name and not just water based....
It sounds like you have the nozzle mixed up as well.
The smaller the nozzle and needle are the thinner the paint must be to flow through that.
I am not sure what county you live in so as far as parts or other place to buy airbrush are unknown to me.
But Paasche are good old work horse of an airbrush. I suggest you take it a part and clean it 100% , Than when you put it back together use the number 1 nozzle and needle, secure the paint cup to the airbrush , hook it up to the compressor and than fill it with water only...
Now do a spray test. does the water come out when you push the trigger down and pull back on it?
if yes to this than spray out all of the water and add paint, make sure you have it reduced properly for the needle size you are using.
do the same test.

those tips can be a little tight take a clothes line clamp (wood) and use it to get a better grip twist clockwise and counter not left n right or up n down you may crush the tip.
match the three up and see if that doesn't fix the issue
i dident understand what to do
can you help me understand please?

Okay paasche VL, If air is going into the paint cup than you have a clog. .. I have a 40+ year old VL that has the new nozzle and needle and it still works great.
Only thing about the VL is you must make sure the nozzle is clean and the cup is seated tightly in place.
What paint are you using ,,, Brand name and not just water based....
It sounds like you have the nozzle mixed up as well.
The smaller the nozzle and needle are the thinner the paint must be to flow through that.
I am not sure what county you live in so as far as parts or other place to buy airbrush are unknown to me.
But Paasche are good old work horse of an airbrush. I suggest you take it a part and clean it 100% , Than when you put it back together use the number 1 nozzle and needle, secure the paint cup to the airbrush , hook it up to the compressor and than fill it with water only...
Now do a spray test. does the water come out when you push the trigger down and pull back on it?
if yes to this than spray out all of the water and add paint, make sure you have it reduced properly for the needle size you are using.
do the same test.
thank you for quick reply!
i got this
VLH-1, VLH-3, VLH-5 | Paasche Airbrush Company
this is the exact one
i got it from the store with no charge
i live in israel here they sell it in the store for 15$
the reason he gave it to me no charge is because it wass full of dry createx black paint.
i took cleaned it after it sat 1 day it 4-100 thiner and then another day in thiner and cleaned and shined it like new.
no paint at all. all the holes can see throu.
than i tried thiner
the problem like i said still remain
its spray littel bit thiner and not evenly or straight and lots of air goes back to paint cup.
i completly took apart the airbrush and cleand each part but still.
tried water and again.
just by pushing the triger i get lots of air in the paint cup.
i am using acrilic paint
golden, amsterdam with extender
and very thin.
but from the start this aircup 1 dident work.
maybe like i said the combination of new style part like the aircup doesent fit my airebrush which is old style but i dont know
because i have seen it work and i have been using the same aircup in num 3 and had no problems.
this airbrush is real hard and strong i have it since 95 and its the only one i have ever tried but i am having and remember that allways had problems.
i used to think that this how its should work lol.
i messed lots of works in the past.
because of that i havent airbrushed 2 days because after even airbrushing with needle and nozzel 1 with aircup3 i cant go back to nozzel and needle 3
its 0.73 its too thick!

thank you for quick reply!
i got this
VLH-1, VLH-3, VLH-5 | Paasche Airbrush Company
this is the exact one
i got it from the store with no charge
i live in israel here they sell it in the store for 15$
the reason he gave it to me no charge is because it wass full of dry createx black paint.
i took cleaned it after it sat 1 day it 4-100 thiner and then another day in thiner and cleaned and shined it like new.
no paint at all. all the holes can see throu.
than i tried thiner
the problem like i said still remain
its spray littel bit thiner and not evenly or straight and lots of air goes back to paint cup.
i completly took apart the airbrush and cleand each part but still.
tried water and again.
just by pushing the triger i get lots of air in the paint cup.
i am using acrilic paint
golden, amsterdam with extender
and very thin.
but from the start this aircup 1 dident work.
maybe like i said the combination of new style part like the aircup doesent fit my airebrush which is old style but i dont know
because i have seen it work and i have been using the same aircup in num 3 and had no problems.
this airbrush is real hard and strong i have it since 95 and its the only one i have ever tried but i am having and remember that allways had problems.
i used to think that this how its should work lol.
i messed lots of works in the past.
because of that i havent airbrushed 2 days because after even airbrushing with needle and nozzel 1 with aircup3 i cant go back to nozzel and needle 3
its 0.73 its too thick!

First off order some AIRBRUSH RESTORER by Createx, Coast Airbrush Products will take out all the dried paint that the w100 will not.
next you may have to replace number 19 on this chart the needle packing bearing.VL Parts
it is a rubber o-ring and could be damage form having paint dry in it for so long. Than you should be trouble free.

i use thiner to clean it
it kills everything. i live in israel shiping from coast cost 40$.
i went to the store were i got it. its airbrush tshirt painting store he has some stock of replacment...the aircup he gave me is not good he saw it and replaced it.
also gave me cup to my old style aircup so now i have tow option with num1.
also tuned my airbrush...i dident knew that the vl can be tune so needel would sit tighter inside the body.
theres always first time for everything i tought i knew everything about the vl...
now its working like a horse.
i must say the vl is very stronge airbrush and yes when its working its working.
i got chines one, veda wd130 and everything is so small and gental its scary :)
i havent painted with num1 yet i cant wait.
thank you guys for everything!
michael

i use thiner to clean it
it kills everything. i live in israel shiping from coast cost 40$.
i went to the store were i got it. its airbrush tshirt painting store he has some stock of replacment...the aircup he gave me is not good he saw it and replaced it.
also gave me cup to my old style aircup so now i have tow option with num1.
also tuned my airbrush...i dident knew that the vl can be tune so needel would sit tighter inside the body.
theres always first time for everything i tought i knew everything about the vl...
now its working like a horse.
i must say the vl is very stronge airbrush and yes when its working its working.
i got chines one, veda wd130 and everything is so small and gental its scary :)
i havent painted with num1 yet i cant wait.
thank you guys for everything!
michael

That's awesome that you got it working well. Now, start throwing some paint down and get some pictures of your work up here.

i will. how to upload? just upload?
and....
got rid of the vl !!
ordered me brand new k r o m e ! ! !
until then using my new chinese veda 0.3 imo better then vl for drawing.

i will. how to upload? just upload?
and....
got rid of the vl !!
ordered me brand new k r o m e ! ! !
until then using my new chinese veda 0.3 imo better then vl for drawing.

Upload a picture? if so on the bottom right side you will see 3 tabs post Quick Reply , Go Advance , and Cancel
Pick the Go Advance and look for the paper clip when you hold your mouse over it it reads Attachments.
Click that and another window will open that will let you upload picture.

thank mr. micron
here is somthing i am working on this days
i ahven drawed somthing like 10 years
and when i did i wasent at this level
i am really putting my heart and soul every day to learn more more
its b&w photo also because it look great in colors on real life but on camera the colors change
by the way its my wife
its so fun to draw her i know now each line on her face i have study the refernce lke hell
sometimes while shw speak to she cathes me stearing in her face and learn each dot :)

Attachments

• 540550_576745005671866_1354656036_n.jpg
    540550_576745005671866_1354656036_n.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
thank mr. micron
here is somthing i am working on this days
i ahven drawed somthing like 10 years
and when i did i wasent at this level
i am really putting my heart and soul every day to learn more more
its b&w photo also because it look great in colors on real life but on camera the colors change
by the way its my wife
its so fun to draw her i know now each line on her face i have study the refernce lke hell
sometimes while shw speak to she cathes me stearing in her face and learn each dot :)

Dude , First off that is one amazing painting.. Heart and soul I will agree you have put it all in there.
Second you have a beautiful wife and your best model to pose for you... You have did both you and her proud.. Keep up the outstanding work..

Oh does she know you are painting the picture of her? But as much as I love my wife I do not feel I could do her justice yet. But you have a great eye for detail..

Back