Pearl Necklace

K

kelonio

I have always some problems doing a (photorealistic) pearl necklace or thin chains on womans neck...always nervous:dread: when aproaching this area of my work, and trying to render the more convincing look. I am talking on canvas work.
Maybe you guys and gals, may share your technic, of the best way to do this objects, ....Regards 2 all

sorry i was gonna chime in on this as i thought i had something to offer, then i read the thread and realised i didnt ;o)

The main thing is a high quality reference photo.
Some use a combination of airbrush and paintbrush to get the realism they are looking for.
Me , I am still working toward realism but far from it. But I have talk to many who do nothing but that.

hahaahahahah mmmwwwahhahahahaha mmmmmmmmmawhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhah!!!!!!!!!!

Lol everytime I see this thread, I start singing ZZ top.."Pearl necklace, she wore a pearl necklace" lol im sorry I know its no help to you what so ever.

sorry i was gonna chime in on this as i thought i had something to offer, then i read the thread and realised i didnt ;o)

lmao, at least your honest about it ad fez, lol, I figured you would just wing it haha!!!

Lol everytime I see this thread, I start singing ZZ top.."Pearl necklace, she wore a pearl necklace" lol im sorry I know its no help to you what so ever.

just to confirm, does a pearl necklace mean the same over there as it does over here?.....

If you have to ask then I goes it didn't mean the same thing,,,,....lets just say a women is more likely to receive one on her boyfriends birthday rather than her own

The realization that I knew exactly what you meant, and that my mind is right down there in the gutter next to yours, is a bit of a worry LOL!!!!! Not sure it means the same thing outside the uk, either that or everyone else is not as rude as us.

Squishy, it depends on the context. If you can pick it up at Walmart at the jewelry counter it's one thing but if you can pick one up in the red light district of Amsterdam that's a whole different animal. LOL

HA! Look at you playing all innocent early on with talk of walmart and such......."I've never even seen one let alone touched one haha where as squishy , a good wholesome english girl more or less just says "yup, I've had a few of them in my time".....get back in that gutter you tramp! ;o)

(no offence)

If you have to ask then I goes it didn't mean the same thing,,,,....lets just say a women is more likely to receive one on her boyfriends birthday rather than her own
Look how nicely I managed to talk of that beautiful moment here, then squishy goes and ruins it all by making it seedy.....

lmfao!! And here I was being polite! That flew out the window lol! Anyhoo, no one has came up with the answer yet? To the ORIGINAL question? lolol

sorry kelonio, totally jacked your thread! Marrissa recently completed a demo for her workshop which had a pearl necklace if I find it I'll post a link here

Back