Piracy

I don't see any reason why you cant do it on paper/card with comart and Wicked.....
what sort of pointers are you looking for Greg ?

You can get the same look as this with water base paints.
Granted you will want to add some transparent base to the yellow(gold) if you want it to have a candy effect but I have done a couple like this with Wicked and AutoAir.

I have some black foam board I was planning on using for this, but going to practice the parts on black paper. Need to work out the colors and shading mostly.

is it the foam core with the shiny surface? if so use an adhesion promoter on it first. Paint really loves skating on that stuff. The flat looking coating is great to paint on just sometime harder to find .

It appears to be flat. I have three of them just in case. Had them in the garage in storage for awhile.

The flat coated stuff is great to paint on . Hold the paint well and no skating of paint .
Look forward to seeing this one as you even do your practice pieces for it.

The flat coated stuff is great to paint on . Hold the paint well and no skating of paint .
Look forward to seeing this one as you even do your practice pieces for it.
the 'flat coated' stuff that I found is ok to paint on, just don't plan on too much in the way of taping, masking, frisket, erasing, scratching.......
I've still got a few pieces here that i'll play with, I might even try a base of clear on them so it makes them a little friendlier with the eraser etc.

Back