Please Help!!!

C

Cmartz316

I have been using an Iwata HP-CS for quite some time now with absolutely no problems. I love this gun. The other day after I finished using it I decided it was time for a good cleaning. So I took it apart and threw it into a tube with a 50/50 water to cleaner solution just like I have some many times in the past. 30 mins. later I took it out and rubbed it down with some q-tips, oiled it up, and put it back together. Again, just as I have done so many times before. Well, now it is not working properly. I am getting air flow through the gun no problem however, the paint is bubbling up inside the cup and not flowing through the tip. Every now and again it will work like a charm and then nothing. If I load it with pressure by placing my finger over the tip (with the trigger down and needle pulled all the way back of course) it seems to clear itself out but then again, it stops working. Has anyone had this problem before? I have taken it apart and put it back together several different times now as well as inspected each and every little part. I do not see any blockage and all the functional parts look like they should be in good working condition to include all O rings and such. I could probably stand to get a new needle but hardly think that is the issue as I have used needles in far worse condition in the past with no real issue. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Chad

Sound like you have a clog in the nozzle. Not sure why you using water in the cleaning solution , I use restorer by createx and it cut through the dried paint with no problem, than I just run it through a filter and put it back in the bottle, I have had the same bottle now for about 3 years. But bubbles in the paint cup means clog in the nozzle.

Sound like you have a clog in the nozzle. Not sure why you using water in the cleaning solution , I use restorer by createx and it cut through the dried paint with no problem, than I just run it through a filter and put it back in the bottle, I have had the same bottle now for about 3 years. But bubbles in the paint cup means clog in the nozzle.

Well, I just use the water to help save on material costs for the most part. I'm going to get a bottle of the restorer tomorrow though. I did not realized that I could reuse it so thank you very much for explaining that. As for any clogs...I can see right through the nozzle and have inspected it at least 5 different times now each time after cleaning it. I suppose I should have stated earlier that if I blow through the cup vs. using the compressed air the paint comes out with absolutely no problem. Although I absolutely agree with you that bubbles are pretty much always a instant indicator of a clogged nozzle I can not see how that could possibly be the problem. I'm going to buy some new parts if I cant get it figured out by tomorrow and hopefully that fixes the problem. If not, it may just be time for a new airbrush : )

That has happened to me several times in the past. I found out that it was to o rings had went bad. This only happened when I submerged the entire airbrush in the cleaning solution. Now I just take the airbrush gun apart once a month for a good cleaning and wipe it down after every use and spray airbrush cleaner through it. I have had no problems with my airbrush gun since I started cleaning it this way. I use a iwata eclipse

That has happened to me several times in the past. I found out that it was to o rings had went bad. This only happened when I submerged the entire airbrush in the cleaning solution. Now I just take the airbrush gun apart once a month for a good cleaning and wipe it down after every use and spray airbrush cleaner through it. I have had no problems with my airbrush gun since I started cleaning it this way. I use a iwata eclipse

Hi CB. Do you remember where you went to got the replacement o-rings? My first thought was to just go straight to Iwata but I'm thinking that I could probably get the same parts for cheaper somewhere else. Thank you for your input also! I have several projects due within the next week and am freaking out about getting the thing fixed, lol.

the needle bear should be teflon, the only O-ring is in the air valve and if you have a Paasche dealer around the one from a VL will work .

Hi CB. Do you remember where you went to got the replacement o-rings? My first thought was to just go straight to Iwata but I'm thinking that I could probably get the same parts for cheaper somewhere else. Thank you for your input also! I have several projects due within the next week and am freaking out about getting the thing fixed, lol.

A good reason to have a spare parts (or a spare brush or two) on hand... Don't know how many times I bent a needle before I finally wised up and started keeping spares, lol.

You just need some bees wax or chap stick on the threads for the nozzle cap. If there is any air leakage through these threads, you will get bubbling in the cup. Try this first before you start replacing O-rings and needle bearings.

You just need some bees wax or chap stick on the threads for the nozzle cap. If there is any air leakage through these threads, you will get bubbling in the cup. Try this first before you start replacing O-rings and needle bearings.

Forgot about that JT , good call.

I hear ya wicked. Live and learn I suppose. Super bummed I can't paint tonight :( I will definitely be getting extra parts this time around!

I had a similar problem when I forgot to tighten the nozzle with the wrench after a complete strip down and clean.

Well, I just use the water to help save on material costs for the most part. I'm going to get a bottle of the restorer tomorrow though. I did not realized that I could reuse it so thank you very much for explaining that. As for any clogs...I can see right through the nozzle and have inspected it at least 5 different times now each time after cleaning it. I suppose I should have stated earlier that if I blow through the cup vs. using the compressed air the paint comes out with absolutely no problem. Although I absolutely agree with you that bubbles are pretty much always a instant indicator of a clogged nozzle I can not see how that could possibly be the problem. I'm going to buy some new parts if I cant get it figured out by tomorrow and hopefully that fixes the problem. If not, it may just be time for a new airbrush : )

I know you said you can see through the nozzle, but it could still be dried paint that's the problem. I had a similar problem with my hp cs once and cleaned the nozzle (or so I thought) a couple of times and could see through it, but there was a built up layer of paint clinging taround the inside of the nozzle. I'm guessing, but I think it made the needle fit too tight and restricted the airflow. Anyway, I was amazed at the crap that I eventually got out of what I thought was a clean nozzle.

Back