poisongogga here from south africa

P

poisongogga

Jacques is the name and I'm from cape town, South Africa. I'm 40 years old, married 15 years. 2 kids, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 birds and 7 gold fish in a pond. I work in construction but have a artistic side to me that I want to develop.
I'm new at airbrushing and wanted to do it for a while.
Just started and got a aircraft compressor dual piston, starter single action airbrush from air craft to do all the big work and a cheap dual action multi function airbrush also from aircraft using
.2 ... .3 and .5 needles. Can interchange between gravity or suction, for whatever is needed. Works well for me at this stage. Sorry but I'm not good enough to spend a lot of cash on the well known brands yet. Used local cheap Dala paints so far to practice but just ordered my wicked range to see if I can do better. I Would like to do a decent dragon one day.

Hi @poisongogga welcome from New Zealand. Look forward to seeing more of your work. I saw a few of your panels up on the panel the other day. Good start!

Welcome Jacques, Nobody is going to hate on you for using whatever brush you choose. A lot of us started the same way, cheap brush/paint, got hooked and upgraded as we improved. Once you've got good brush/s and compressor the major expense is out the way . . . . unless of course you get a dose of AAD (airbrush acquisition disorder) when you feel the need to have every brush known to man

As for the dragon, well . . . there are a few of us who would like to paint a decent dragon

Welcome to the forum Jacques, there are a few members here from South Africa. You will be painting dragons in no time at all.

Lee

Hello Jacques, welcome from Dubuque IA, US. I'M hoping my self that I can paint a decent dragon some day.

Welcome to the best forum on the net to help you learn how to airbrush, and don't worry about the airbrush there are some great airbrush artist the still use a single action airbrush because that's what they learned on and like the fact that all they have to do is pull back the trigger to get paint

I also like the single action for those big spaces.
Getting the paint down very quickly.
And filling a page in no time

Back