For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Porsche done

Discussion in 'Works In Progress & Finished Artworks!' started by kjukju, Sep 27, 2014.

1. kjukju

kjukju pretty old tutorling Elite Member!

Hi,
    my latest try to do something nice, but i spoiled it again.
    Thought this would be an easy one.... far from that.
    As you may see if you whatch closeley lol lollol i really screwed it at a couple places - most at the license plate. Again hurry took place and .... ups.
    I know its not really worth to be shown here, but i did not manage to throw it into the bin.
    pk.jpg
    MeeshellMP, fL0, Sitni and 6 others like this.
  2. Diegojavbau

Diegojavbau Air-Valve Autobot!

Look great to me !!!!
    kjukju likes this.
  3. matty171

matty171 Air-Valve Autobot!

Looks great kjukju id be well happy with that
    kjukju likes this.
  4. kjukju

Thanks, but bad quality pics heal a lot:)
  5. tatertatum

tatertatum Guest

It says I'm fast and a bad *$$ Porsche about to make a Sunday drive out these hairpin turns. This road...its not ready for me!
    And that's all I see, for art is in the eye of the beholder and I see art, so keep up the good work.
    kjukju likes this.
  6. Don't be so hard on yourself. It looks great.
    kjukju likes this.
  7. Boltcase

Boltcase Guest

You seriously sold yourself short! I think its a great painting!! :)
    kjukju likes this.
  8. kjukju

yep, now as you mention it, the road is not really the way it should be. Esp. the right border is really hard edged and the road lacks a little detail to look more real. I did the whole background/landscape first and when i started the car i obviously lost the view on the whole picture.
  9. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Absolutely nothing wrong with this, the car looks amazing and so does the plate, it's colourful, be happy with it and accept that is a piece of your own art.

I like it and that's final lol
    kjukju likes this.
  10. Matwes

Matwes The Analog Kid Very Likeable!

Kai my friend, you're way to hard on yourself! This painting is really awesome and I'm not saying that just to be nice.

I think you should pat yourself on the back and say, - Hey I'm an airbrush artist, and a damned good one too! :thumbsup:
    kjukju likes this.
  11. Looks fine man. Just about every peice of art contains at least a mistake, that's just hand done quality. It sticks out to you more than anyone else. I wouldn't have noticed the 9 for awhile until you pointed it out. I would have just worked it in, add a highlight from a reflection. The background looks like driving on the moon, so all the rules are out. I think the road is fine, the S pattern is pleasing to the composition of the painting.leaves mystery to does the road go under itself or a hard right (well left irl) besides a couple wobbly lines on the road edge, really only thing that sticks out to me is the harsh shadow edge on the ground under the bumper. Looking at the light source and then the shadows casted on the right side of the car, indicates an main light source in the upper left side, so the shadow wouldn't be so straight and abrupt. You gotta remember we are artists here so it sticks out more to us then the average person. Remember to look at the painting as a whole and not sections. It's hard I know, I have thrown away hundreds of pieces. It's great practice, good execution and learn from mistakes and prepares you for the next one.
    kjukju likes this.
  12. Kasey24

Kasey24 Guest

Yeah that's horrible get rid of it. Not! Dude I'd be framing it. Focus on the good, because the their is more of that.
    kjukju likes this.
  13. kjukju

Thanks for your encouraging words, it's not like i'm totally unhappy with it, i'm unhappy with the way i made the mistakes. I'm still not able to focus on my work i should , and still fall into hurry when i should slow down.
    Thanks to you folks, i'm generally able to do things i didn't even think about six month ago what makes me pretty happy:)
  14. bad65

bad65 Air-Valve Autobot!

Nice job!
    kjukju likes this.
  15. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Don't sell yourself short. I really like how this painting came out. Nice!! :)
    kjukju likes this.
  16. habsfann001

habsfann001 Guest

I didn't read your post until after I had looked at the painting. I'm no art critic by any stretch of the imagination, but I know what I like & I like this one. Not every painting has to be "picture perfect" if u know what I mean. Great job - looking forward to seeing from you.
    kjukju likes this.