practice feathers

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
Snapshot_20130210_4.JPGjust got bored of not feeling like painting anything i have a lot of annoyances at home. so here they are kind of like the feathers you will see if you go on u tube and search air brush feather i forget the guys name. micron cmsb combination of etac efx wht badger spectra white. i tried com art white but it came out to watery. the back ground is wicked black NO DETAIL

Jonathan pantaleon is his name and he would be proud! They look great! Sometimes practice like this get the juices flowing!!

Josh

Well done, feathers are harder to do than they look. I need to practise them lots to get mine looking better.

thats it monkey man i think he has some videos out they mentioned something about a tiger or lion or something the top feather is a coppy of the typ of feather in the video the wee bottom is a softer fuzzyer feather

thats it monkey man i think he has some videos out they mentioned something about a tiger or lion or something the top feather is a coppy of the typ of feather in the video the wee bottom is a softer fuzzyer feather

Yeah they mentioned other videos but I haven't seen them. I follow his work in Facebook and he is awesome. His story is cool to how his friends offered to buy him the equipment to get started!! Awesome!! Also wonder how many of those friends got free or discounted paint jobs because of that, lol!!

Josh

I also tried ia few months ago. I tried it on cheap black paper and afterward just went over it with some transparent colours. These day you can find tutorials for anything.

feather.jpg

that looks great just next time try to taper the stem toward the tiup and add some fine fuzziest at the base for the down thats good for the micron my best featjer yet was on a panel that was trashed lol i should take a picture i to used transparents on it lol

Very nice!! Feathers always take me forever but theyre great dagger practice. You did a great job!!!

Here was my first feather, I did for homework from one of Rick Primeau (Primo Customs) Saturday classes:

feather.JPG
You guys should really check out his Saturday classes, theyre free and he has several artists that come on and do tutorials as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW I never thought FEATHERS could look soooo COOL! Man, I'm still amazed at the detail airbrush artists can pull off!! Hope I can master those FINE lines like yall one day:applause:

nice work ferret. love the detail on the tips- makes them more real

Andre - love the colours - almost holographic - like oil on water shining in the sun

I don't think you have to practice anymore. LOL. Those came out awesome.

Back