practice paints........

B

boneman65

economy says spend...my bank says heck no you cant....any ideas of a really inexpensive paint to practice with...home brews? lets face it.. guys like me new to this could spend lots of cash before makin a buck.....and i dont wanna go broke learning to control my brush...:tongue-new:

economy says spend...my bank says heck no you cant....any ideas of a really inexpensive paint to practice with...home brews? lets face it.. guys like me new to this could spend lots of cash before makin a buck.....and i dont wanna go broke learning to control my brush...:tongue-new:

Okay where do you live????
USA, UK the moon?LOL

This helps us give you better ideals of where to get the best deal on paints

If in the USA ans you have a hobby lobby near buy print off a 40% off coupon and buy a set of the opaque / transparent set .
28.99 - 11.49(40%) 17.59

I believe in his introduction thread he said he was in Alberta Herb. mapleairbrush.com. is in Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe in his introduction thread he said he was in Alberta Herb. mapleairbrush.com. is in Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Wayne, sometimes my old eyes miss things like that when I read every post on here..:D Glad you have my back.
I am still waiting for your full review of the time you got to spend with Rod.

Lots of good brand paints can be picked up rather cheap. just buy the biggest bottle you can afford and work in monotone for awhile..just buy black and even if you get beyond practice it will give you the ability in the paint to do cool looking art, if you make your own you'll likely have a lot of frustration and won't enjoy painting that much, I've used all kinds of tube paints, water colors etc just by mixing them down with water and adding some flow medium to it and it will make a reasonable paint but its prob just as cheap to buy a good bottle of a good airbrushing brand and practice away, reduce it a bit and it will last a lot of practice sheets, even a small bottle will do thousands of dots :)..Good luck

i would suggest a Payne"s grey or transparent smoke , this way you build up your art instead of blowing a solid black and maybe going too dark too quick. :)

st louis metro mo-il..........lol

Man I am glad you said that cause for the life of me I could not find where you stated you were from .. I know I ma old but I was starting to worry I would have to check into a nut house...

Well I did something else
I bought regular acrylic color. One bottle = 2 dollars... And I bought an extender which cost me around 20 dollar
So.... 10 or more different colors = 20 dollars
1 extender = 20 dollars
It cost me 40 dollars and I have more than 10 different colors
In this amount I can buy 2 bottles of 118 ml golden colors - let say black and white
Instead: I have blur white neon red pink yellow orange..... U got the idea
;)

Back