Practicing airbrushing an eye

I did this yesterday gone too dark i think, Still getting to grips with controlling the airbrush so think it came out ok.
Man, you got paint on the paper and the shadows are in the right place. So it’s better than my first go at this piece. Going too dark is something we all go through. I still have to be mindful of it whenever I’m painting. You did great! Keep at it and things will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea thanks man I had some issues with the paint, using regular createx thinned with water which was not atomizing well and I was getting really bad tip dry. I'm using an iwata eclipse hp.

I'm waiting for some Wicked paint and reducer to be delivered hopefully help with that.

Looks great, as above, going to dark is the enemy and it’s always with you.
You should be able to run illustration paint straight from the bottle in your airbrush.

What like of Createx paint do you have? Water isn’t necessarily the best way of thinning their paints.

I was using regular createx paint. I received my wicked black and 4011reducer and its spraying a lot better now. No where near as much tip dry and issues as I was having before.

Looks great, as above, going to dark is the enemy and it’s always with you.
You should be able to run illustration paint straight from the bottle in your airbrush.

Thanks yea struggling with not going to dark, Iv got some Wicked detail black and reducer seems to have done the trick

Thanks yea struggling with not going to dark, Iv got some Wicked detail black and reducer seems to have done the trick
You can always add white and make opaque greys :) then you will never go toooo dark again!!! Kidding, you will always go too dark, we all do :)

I was using regular createx paint. I received my wicked black and 4011reducer and its spraying a lot better now. No where near as much tip dry and issues as I was having before.
Ok, that makes sense. Regular Createx is more aimed at T-shirt painting nowadays. Not to say you can’t use it for other things, but by nature it starts out a little thicker than some. Despite things that people read online, the reducers are more than just water and do a better job with Createx products than just water. So now you’re all set, have a play and see what works for you.

Back