practised painting a piece of my bike....HOLOGRAM EFFECT

B

BUGSYMONTANA

[video=youtube;zL6vz-QKnf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL6vz-QKnf8&list=UU3Fi-PV2WnbA4YAK-BGWVSA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

REALLY REALLY POPS IN THE SUN THIS VIDEO DOES NOT DO IT ANY JUSTICE

I have found it's pretty much i,pssible to get these types of colors to capture well on any kind of photo or video. I am doing a guitar with these kinds of colors now and it's very frustrating trying to photograph it.

Looks cool in the video, can only imagine how good it even looks in real life.

duplicolor metal cast purple
duplicolor clear effect
rust-oleum semi gloss clear
rust-oleum gloss clear

the process
i forget what company i used but for the duplicolor to come out that color of purple spray it over a white base
3 coats of the duplicolor purple sand inbetween each layer

for the hologram effect this is how I DID IT

first spray a very light coat of the semi gloss just enough to get the surface "wet"
immediately right after u finish take the duplicolor clear effect and spray it on not alot but enough to lay it over top of the semi gloss
sand it down and repeat process 2 more times with the highest grit sand paper u can find (2000 grit worked for me)
than lay 4 coats of the clear effect on not heavy but u dont have to be shy about it
sanded it down real lightly than went over top with a rustoleum clear coat

cant wait for this fall semester to end already have 3 females that want me to paint their bike with the hologram effect and its so easy WISH AIRBRUSHING WAS THIS EASY!! lol but im coming along with practice thanks to your videos and exercise sheets

and to think this is with spray cans! u can add more or less using the duplicolor or if u wanna get real nasty with it i havent tried it yet but u could use a hvlp spray gun buy some flakes from online and go over top of that with a clear metallic look

Back