Printer - need some advice

G

Gutted

Hi guys
My printer is very close to he's end. So I just thinking forward what kind of printer are you use or suggest. What is good for printing transparent projector film and good quality photo etc.
cheers
Joe

Hi guys
My printer is very close to he's end. So I just thinking forward what kind of printer are you use or suggest. What is good for printing transparent projector film and good quality photo etc.
cheers
Joe

I use a Canon Pixma 500 3 in 1, but to be honest if you buy a new printer now, you will find that they are extremely low in price, and also any modern printer will print your transparencies no problem, the quality of the film you use has more to do with it than the printer it'self.

The most important thing to look at when buying a printer is the cost of replacement ink, generally the cheaper the printer, the more expensive the ink. since you are in the UK, I suggest you pop down to Office World, you don't actually have to buy there, but they will give good advice based on your individual needs, and as far as I know they willingly give demo's and can show samples of printed matter on different materials.

Like I said all printers are capable of high quality images but the use of poor quality papers will produce poor results.

can not agree more.

i have used canon pixma printers for about 10 years and are very satisfied with the results.
but the result varies alot depending of the material you print on.
and don't buy to cheap replacement ink it ruins the printer with alot of cleaning and job to to before it is ok again it was not a very funny experience i promise

Thx I will check that shop. I have a PIXMA 220 now he is 6 year old I never bought the replacement ink I didn't hear any good about those. My first think was another pixma just in case ask you guys what else in the market what wort to buy! Thank you

Thx I will check that shop. I have a PIXMA 220 now he is 6 year old I never bought the replacement ink I didn't hear any good about those. My first think was another pixma just in case ask you guys what else in the market what wort to buy! Thank you

The printer you have sounds like a decent printer, the printer I have is the pixma 500 which was replaced by the 520 and then the 540, every time they make them better they just slightly change the number, my printer is 8 years old and I've never had a problem with it, I have a few friends who also have canon printers and they all swear by them.

If you don't to buy another canon printer, I suggest looking at Hewlett Packard, these are also good printers and I believe the the ink is cheaper than canon, don't buy anything with a name you've never heard and stay away from Epson, I've had three and was almost suicidal after the third which used to pause in the middle of a print job and there were lines all through paper.

My advice would be to simply upgrade your canon and choose a higher number like pixma 800 or equivalent, when I need another that's what I'll do because I think 8 years and still going can't be beat.

And in case it's of any use to you, all the canons 500 and above can print straight onto CD's and DVD's and although they print willingly on 250 gram paper in normal mode, you can print on thicker card board by feeding the printer from a special opening in the back.

The printer you have sounds like a decent printer, the printer I have is the pixma 500 which was replaced by the 520 and then the 540, every time they make them better they just slightly change the number, my printer is 8 years old and I've never had a problem with it, I have a few friends who also have canon printers and they all swear by them.

If you don't to buy another canon printer, I suggest looking at Hewlett Packard, these are also good printers and I believe the the ink is cheaper than canon, don't buy anything with a name you've never heard and stay away from Epson, I've had three and was almost suicidal after the third which used to pause in the middle of a print job and there were lines all through paper.

My advice would be to simply upgrade your canon and choose a higher number like pixma 800 or equivalent, when I need another that's what I'll do because I think 8 years and still going can't be beat.

And in case it's of any use to you, all the canons 500 and above can print straight onto CD's and DVD's and although they print willingly on 250 gram paper in normal mode, you can print on thicker card board by feeding the printer from a special opening in the back.

Well yes is a pretty old model not much future in it also no film printing set up I bought about 30 quid and after I just lost my install cd and was very hard to find in a Canon website. Otherwise I never had any prob with it. So I think I will stuck with this brand. You assure me. I saw the 540 in one shop now it's pretty cheap I will see I hope this little fella will serve me a little more. Really big thanks for the informative answer!
Cheers
Joe

Back