Problem with Clear Coat

E

ECHO

I finished my project took it to the clear coater

10713016_297742770435319_139038732653324096_n.jpg

Picked it up and the clear coat looks like it has acne in some spots.. suggestions on how to fix?? or should I scrap it and start over

10579397_10152681892503859_511092472_n.jpg

I don't have any suggestions for your problem, but as a Jeep fan, that's a cool piece! Is the woodwork airbrushed too?

looks like crap has gotten into the clear or there was something already on your panel and it was tack coated etc.. if it's only in specific spots its likely junk from their gun? It's as if the clear was old and not strained?

Yep, looks to me like it dust or something in the clear coat, I have had this happen to me in the past when I have been lazy or rushed when cleaning down before clearing.
You should be able to wet and dry it out and polish it but if it came back from a professional Clear Coater like that I would be straight back there and ask for my money back!

Due to it being in one area only i would also say its dirt nibs and could well be from a dirty gun . If you paid for that i would return it .

Thsts why I asked if it was a metal panel, I would take it back, and let them wet sand and buff (after all, they did it). As stated, there are several different reasons that occurred

Thanks everyone, I will do the wet sand and get it taken care of -Cheers

A pro did that and let it out the door? Mmm I'd be taking it back like suggested, but I wouldn't be to friendly about it, as above it looks like he painted it with crap he scraped of the floor or used his overfill jar of tailendings, or he doesn't know how to set his gun, ya can get the same effect if the clear isn't atomizing properly and globs..I wouldn't be a happy chappy and I'd suggest to him that he fixes it or pays for the signs artwork..Good luck and hope ya get it sorted.

A pro did that and let it out the door? Mmm I'd be taking it back like suggested, but I wouldn't be to friendly about it, as above it looks like he painted it with crap he scraped of the floor or used his overfill jar of tailendings, or he doesn't know how to set his gun, ya can get the same effect if the clear isn't atomizing properly and globs..I wouldn't be a happy chappy and I'd suggest to him that he fixes it or pays for the signs artwork..Good luck and hope ya get it sorted.

Yeah, he did it on the side for free after doing another job.. so its kinda my fault as well, I have never had anything done by him before.. so I will wet sand and hope I can save it

Just be careful wet sanding. You dont know how "thin" the clear is, and its possible to burn through

Just be careful wet sanding. You dont know how "thin" the clear is, and its possible to burn through
Thanks, I am thinking of using 1500 then 2000, then buff it out if that fails , then I will start over

Echooooooo.... I would block sand that lightly with the 1500 and lightly with 2000 with plenty water and a drop of dish soap then let it set for a day once you open it up. Once it is opened up (the paint film) it needs to dry out again-even if it has hardner in it. (Some time if you don't let them set and go ahead and buff it it will dull back down in a few days. Then after a day buff it (lightly-light passes) with polishing compound-you won't need anything that cuts to fast just "Polishing compound" it should polish up ok but it might still have a few bumps in it. It looks like the gun spit (dirty-partialy harden clear that was never clean out of the gun). Good luck

Back