Problem with iwata teflon needle screw

Nathalie

Double Actioner
Hi everyone.

I got a iwata hp-cs airbrush who start to do buble in the cup.

After changing every part in the airbrush it still did the buble.

So I put that airbrush aside for a little while. Then I learn about that little piece of the airbrush. It was completly block..

So I did clean it up. The needle pass trough the screw easily.

Now the problem :

I reassembled the airbrush, but I cannot pass the needle through the screw. I did unassemble it a coouple of time. It ok outside the airbrush but not in the airbrush.

I checked that all the " line" is clean that the needle can go through.

Someone has and idea ?

Hi everyone.

I got a iwata hp-cs airbrush who start to do buble in the cup.

After changing every part in the airbrush it still did the buble.

So I put that airbrush aside for a little while. Then I learn about that little piece of the airbrush. It was completly block..

So I did clean it up. The needle pass trough the screw easily.

Now the problem :

I reassembled the airbrush, but I cannot pass the needle through the screw. I did unassemble it a coouple of time. It ok outside the airbrush but not in the airbrush.

I checked that all the " line" is clean that the needle can go through.

Someone has and idea ?
It’s possible that the screw for the Teflon Seal is too tight. They can be adjusted to loosen or tighten the seal and only a very small rotation can make a lot of difference. If possible, remove the seal and put it back in with the least amount of turns you can. Try the needle and tighten if needed until you feel a little resistance. It will only need very small adjustments. I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like @SiRoxx said. Screw is too tight. You can just back it off, remove it first and let the seal relax first and then put it back. First just lightly all the way in. Try the needle. I like the hold the gun vertical, needle pointing up, and if the needle slides out the back, it is too loose. Give a slight, and I mean slight, turn. Try again until needle stays put.

But that will never be the cause of the bubbles in the cup. Put some chapstick/bees wax on the nozzle contact point and the threads on the head and nozzle cap.

lube_job_01_sml.jpg

And never overtighten anything, ‘finger tight’ is often all you need, at the most a light ‘nip up’ never anything tighter.

With Andre’s chapstick trick that should solve any air leak issues. If it’s still bubbling and you have indeed replaced nozzle/air cap (not just cleaned and put back) then you may have more serious issues.

As for the needle not passing through - is it possible you haven’t got the trigger seated properly? Never force the needle through

Hello Folks

Here some news of my fitting of the needle screw.

At the beginning I was tweaking the needle screw and reassemble the airbrush to see if it fit correctly. Aftet a couple of hour of this... I got an idea... I just took my needle by the end, push her through the needle screw, for 3/8 inch then put it in the airbrush, slightly turn in in : and tge job was done.

Thank to those who help me to understand the principle of the airbrush part

Glad you got the problem solved Buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back