Problem with my Krome

L

Lee77

I have got a problem with my Krome at the moment. It is just blowing bubbles in the paint pot and i cant work out why.

I recently changed the tip to the one without prongs and it seemed to be working fine but now all i am getting is those bubbles in the paint pot. Air does come out of the end, but when i pull back to release the paint i just get the bubbles. I have stripped it down as far as i felt comfortable and tried to see if there are any paint build ups but i cant see anything obvious.

I have only had it since January and really haven't used it that much, and i do try and swill it out after i have used it but maybe i haven't been as diligent as i should be with the cleaning ( which i will definitely change as poor maintenance has most likely caused this ) .

I have had the tip cover and the little nozzle soaking in some cleaning solution for a few days but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

Bubbles back in paint cup usually indicates a blocked nozzle, so you are right to give it a soak, if you have am old needle/pin/sharpened tooth pic etc, try getting that in there and gently turn it to loosen what may be clogging your nozzle, be careful not to use any force though as you may flare the nozzle tip

And a swill out probably won't clean your brush effectively, I rarely do a complete strip of my brush not do I remove the needle or any other components, instead I make sure at every colour change and st the end if the day I blow done cleaner through it, write the excess paint on your cup away with a paper towel, put done water or cleaner ib cup and then loosen up any paint around your needle with a small paint brush, empty this out, bit more cleaner, spray.....dump that out, bit more cleaner spray through at +25psi repeat as necessary

What fez said. Happens to mine from time to time even from excessive tip dry. While painting , grab the nut at the cutout, pull back all the way and let go 3-4 times, then pull back again and hold and push for air to clear all the junk out.

If that doesn't clear it up try removing the nozzle and soaking in cleaner for a bit and then try again.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the replies guys, good suggestions that i will definitely take on board going forward. I do think that i have a more serious problem with my brush though as i have just been looking at it again and all the parts appear to be clean and clear. I can see right through any holes but when i put it back together i am still getting those bubbles and quite violently as well. Its really spitting the cleaner out of the paint pot when i pull back :(.

I did do a quick scan on google yesterday and found a very complicated post going on about a gasket or something in there . Does that mean anything to anyone ?

Thanks for the replies guys, good suggestions that i will definitely take on board going forward. I do think that i have a more serious problem with my brush though as i have just been looking at it again and all the parts appear to be clean and clear. I can see right through any holes but when i put it back together i am still getting those bubbles and quite violently as well. Its really spitting the cleaner out of the paint pot when i pull back :(.

I did do a quick scan on google yesterday and found a very complicated post going on about a gasket or something in there . Does that mean anything to anyone ?

If you have a screw in nozzle with a rubber or Teflon ring (gasket) around it, it's possible that the ring is broken or has fallen off causing your nozzle to seat further back than it should causing the same effect as you would have with a blocked nozzle, carefully check all your parts with a magnifying glass or loop if you have one of these.

Note you can have dried paint inside your nozzle and still be able to see through, but there is also the possibility that you have dried paint between the nozzle cap and nozzle, between these there should be a very small circle of space that is the same all the way around.

What madbrush said!.....even when its clean its never clean

I feel a bit silly now . . . I dug out the number of the shop that sent me the brush and gave them a call. The guy who runs it was very knowledgeable and helpful and he explained the basics of how an airbrush works and where the problem might lie. It seems that because i had got into a bad habit of unscrewing the tip to get quick access to the needle tip to clean off any tip dry, and knowing how awkward they are to unscrew, i had just not tightened the end enough. I think i was scared of overtightening it and i had just not been sealing it enough and that was causing the problem.

Doh !

Thanks for the help guys, at least i think i have a bit more of a clue about whats going on in that thing when i pull the trigger now and have had some good general operation and cleaning tips from you guys on here as well.

I went online and bought a jewelry cleaner that can fit a couple of airbrushes. You just fill it with a cleaning solution and set the time for the radio frequencies to vibrate the dirt right out. I use every once in a while. I learned it from YOUTUBE. Works nicely. I want to try with denatured alcohol once to see what comes out. Lube it when re-assembling and it should be squeaky clean.

Well learning your equipment is half the battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ok I've had this problem before on my krome. Your brush is clean that's not the problem. You have to make sure that the retainer is the correct size. If you've got the fine needle in there and you've put on the ultra fine retainer then paint will not come out and it'll bubble back into the cup. The opening on the retainer is blocking the air output over the nozzle, thus causing the backflushing as it were. Gotta make sure you're using the matching nozzle with the retainers and needles.

Back