problem with my nw micron

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
so there I was minding my own businessesand working on this neer photo loke painting of lighton meesta or what ever her name is and i was filling in the dark back ground hair when i felt a tangle in the air brush hose so i placed the gun in its holster and befor i could say fuzzy ferret the dang thing leaps from the holder and heads for the ground nose first and stupid me i was doing hair and had the cap off bad idea. so if you live in Europe or Australia and you heard a loud yell in the distance or felt a tremble in the air brush force that was me.the needle suffered from a compound bend the nozzle has multiple fractures i tried to straighten the needle it didn't come out that bad. i managed with my loop and a pair of tweezers to repair the nozzle but its like my leg it will never be the same. so with out any more stories, how important is it to actually have a matched head assembly. from what i understand it doesn't include the needle so the only thing i can see being important is how the nozzle sits in the head the regulator should not matter and the crown cap should not matter so what makes it so special and can i get by with another nozzle and needle until i get my tax return i was going to buy a spare any way . luckily i have 2 spare needles for my infinity its just that i was enjoying the micron and now its going to be down for a week. im going to go ahead and order a spare nozzle and needle this weeek any way figures i could not get motivated to paint and i finally do and this happens

Sorry to hear that airbrushingferret... but, I can relate. I dropped my micron (for the first time in about 12 years) while working on my paintpal piece. I managed to finish it, but wish I hadn't mailed it... my paintpal will likely get two now... lol.

You are correct, the nozzle does not come with a needle. I can't tell you if it's absolutely neccessary to have the matched head assembly or not... I went ahead and replaced mine. Expensive mistake for sure.

I always assumed that the reason you got a needle and nozzle together was in case of wear. I thought that if for any reason the nozzle got ever so slightly flared, or the needle worn (etc...), they might not fit together perfectly with new ones, even if they worked well together. But I'm probably wrong about that. My cynical side thinks it's a way to get you to spend more money.

Sorry to hear about the damage though guys, must be a pain in the bank balance fore sure!

So, Wicked, did you post to the Uk at all?

i just looked at coast the nozzle alone is 50 dollars the base i think was 60 or 80 it came out to around 180 to buy each part separately i can say one thing il go ahead and get the parts together but im also getting the parts for my velocity the infinity is good for now also i want to move my compressor so the hose isnt in my way and re think my air brush holder also i will only take out the micron for extremely tight work but i think the problem is the holder im just to lazy to fix it but i wont be tomorrow after i get some sleep lol...i think lol not sure maybe sol screaming out loud

you really want your post card don't you, to bad i missed out on it it was the same as the calling all ferret thread. I didn't see it for a week guess if you want my attention on this forum you have to pm me lol fiddle stix im no longer a warrior that was cool

I just want to try and work out who is doing my postcard. I can't believe you missed that paintpals thread, or the calling all ferrets one. I reeckon you been staring at that kruek pic so long, everytime you look at the screen you started to see her LOL! You have seen the collective artwork thread haven't you?

Main reason for a matched head system is because you can end up like seamonkey and have the threads break off the nozzle.
But you can replace it and the needle , Just be careful and take you time doing it.
I feel for ya ,

I just want to try and work out who is doing my postcard. I can't believe you missed that paintpals thread, or the calling all ferrets one. I reeckon you been staring at that kruek pic so long, everytime you look at the screen you started to see her LOL! You have seen the collective artwork thread haven't you?

When does that one start? I remember reading something about it a month or two ago.

i missd out ion so much the only reason i don't plug in the infinity and keep going is im exausted and i dont want to goof up what i have thanks micron thats what i wanted to hear use to be an air craft mechanic and a bunch of other technical stuf i should be able to handle changing the nozzle and not over tightening it il make sure i take the old one ot before i order the new one this litle goof up is going to ost ferret 70 usd 20 for needle 50 for nozzle that's one reason to like your krome and velocity inexpensive parts and they almost behave like a micron

i just looked at coast the nozzle alone is 50 dollars the base i think was 60 or 80 it came out to around 180 to buy each part separately i can say one thing il go ahead and get the parts together but im also getting the parts for my velocity the infinity is good for now also i want to move my compressor so the hose isnt in my way and re think my air brush holder also i will only take out the micron for extremely tight work but i think the problem is the holder im just to lazy to fix it but i wont be tomorrow after i get some sleep lol...i think lol not sure maybe sol screaming out loud

Damn it ferret, Sorry to hear such bad news! I feel for ya bro! That is exactly why I have been looking into the Krome and have made my mind that I will be a proud owner of a Badger Krome before I will be a proud owner of the Micron! Haaaaaa!! I have never dropped my airbrush....(knocking on wood right now)... but if I did have an accident like yours with a Micron that damn thing would be parked for a long minute!! Haaaaaa!! First I would have to put money into fixing the walls I kicked holes in and then I would have to save for parts! I would love to own a Micron but I think the Krome will hold me over till I can really afford one! Again, Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident!

When does that one start? I remember reading something about it a month or two ago.

I think next moth after the paintpal thing is wrapped up, there is supposed to be a new comp, then after that the collective artwork. So not for a little while. But it'll take longert than that for ferret to notice Lol!

I think next moth after the paintpal thing is wrapped up, there is supposed to be a new comp, then after that the collective artwork. So not for a little while. But it'll take longert than that for ferret to notice Lol!

Thanks Squishy for the info. I will have to keep my eyes open for that one! Man poor ferret that guy has had a rough ride with that Micron! If he didn't have buzzard luck he wouldn't have any at all!! Still feel for ya ferret!! Haaa!

I feel for ya dude....I'm the worlds worst about bumping into bike tins when I'm doing detail work, and damaging needles and tips. My Micron has been sitting around for well over a year waiting on me to spend the $70 for a new needle/tip. I've made that purchase often enough, that it now hurts to even think about buying replacement micron parts. I keep thinking I should just sell it and buy something else, but I keep holding onto it...take it outta the box occasionally and look at it and wished it was working....lol.

its not actually that bad i can advise a prospecting buyer to get a krome if there not exactly trying to get micro lines but as for the needle if i can prevent falls like this one il be ok. the needle is really robust compared to the infinity that's the gun you need to watch if your clumsy
i can offer two words of advise since im not being sponsored by anyone 1 if you buy krome or velocity get spare nozzles they are tiny and if you take them out they get lost easy. and 2 if you get an infinity get spare needles for .15 they are fragile .i stil have two needles for my infinity so il use that for now

wow even though the infinity is almost the same as the micron i stil dont want to be with out my micron im thinking of ordering the needle and nozzle on wdendsday but il be short the rest of the week may bee il get another big hit in the lotto lol

ok new nozzle set for my velocity arrived via amazon i ordered a couple of things from coast,i will be dealing with them from now on i am having issues with the infinity i will clean it real well i don't want to be without an airbrush so i ordered the ultra fine set from amazon over night so i can keep going hopefully i wil one day have all my guns working in superior condition. it would be fun to load them each up with black white and some candies and do a speed painting of space scene for u tube. I didn't want to take chances so i ordered the entire fluid head assembly for my micron

Back