problems with frisket

R

Rados19

I am having an issue with the glue from the low tack frisket sticking to the illustration board after I peel it. I have stuck it to my arm, as I've seen done in tutorials, stuck it to my pant leg, and it still is leaving glue behind. Not all the time, but when it does, it sucks having to get it off. Any suggestions? Also, what is the best low tack frisket out there? Can't remember what brand it is that I'm using at the moment.

Oops. I posted this in the wrong category. Meant do do the general airbrush questions category.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, i had that exact same problem! I sketched out this huge piece and applied frisket to it, its now insanely ruined one whole side of a leg down the piece is covered in glue, that i can't get off without tearing the paper. I still haven't found a frisket i like yet. For right now i am using artist tape to cover up things and using my hand and free hand sheilds, even pieces of paper to cover areas as i go. Sorry i cant be much of a help, other than saying i have the same exact problem. I know some people like the artool ultra mask, i haven't tried it out yet

Thanks for the tip on the artool ultra mask. It's also nice to know that someone else is probably screaming "NO!!!!!!" as they see the glue still stuck to the artwork. Not that that makes you feel any better, but it made me a little less depressed:friendly_wink:. On the bright side, I was able to get the glue off with an eraser and save it so far. Now I'm very leary about any further frisket use that I have to do. Maybe I'll stick it to my cat before I do some more. If I get enough cat hair on it, that should solve the problem:encouragement:.

Ha! i screamed " no no no NOOOO NOOO!" in various tones and volumes and stared at it for a long time. Yea, i'm leary as well. I have heard good things about the artool aultra though. That is probably what i will try next, nervously.

....you know the cat hair thing might work..... ha :shame:

i use the frisket to get the darn animal hair off my clothes before i paint...lol
I use poor mans frisket...masking tape

i use the frisket to get the darn animal hair off my clothes before i paint...lol
I use poor mans frisket...masking tape
I can kill two birds with one stone doing it your way:distracted:. I may switch to masking tape also, as I am so poor, I can't pay attention

It does depends on brand and also on what paint you stick it. I use "The Original Frisket" when I stick directly on clean paper and Artool Art Mask when I stick on to paint.

It does depends on brand and also on what paint you stick it. I use "The Original Frisket" when I stick directly on clean paper and Artool Art Mask when I stick on to paint.

Thanks Andre- I ordered the Artool frisket yesterday. Should get it tomorrow, and will try it out. Sounds like THE frisket to use for illustration. I am using it on Etac efx paints.

Back