product 4030 createx

M

Mathew

Just wondering if I need to be in a spray booth to use this product 4030 intercoat clear.
I've Seen a couple of videos of this product being used, and there is no mention of safety gear required.

I use createx illustration colours and wicked. and some autobourn.
They seem to mention uraphane, or uraphane like properties in a water based system, I want to be using as best I can non toxic products...
As I don't have access to a full on spray booth, I'm just using the garage to spray paint in, using a resporator baught from bunnings.
4030, is something that I probably don't need , but the guy selling the stuff seems to think its great stuff?
so my question is

1. should I not use this product, being that I don't have a full on spray booth.
2. should I not use this product if it has uraphanes in it.
3. do I really need it anyway.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is one of the videos talking about it..

I am not recommending you do/do not wear suitable PPE.
Here's the MSDS for the 4030. The choice is yours

Oops... forum filter says no to my link

Head to DickBlick.com. Then to
msds/DBH_SDS_253111005.pdf

Thanks something to think about.
I might try living without it for a while.
I often get suckered into stuff thinking this is the product/tool that will be a magic bullet that will make my work amazing, or make it easier in some way.

I have some and have used it indoors but with a respirator. If you are worried in any way either don't use it or because you are spraying in a garage use a respirator as a precaution. The amount of harmful stuff in it is very low so spraying in a well ventilated area like the garage and also using a respirator will be perfectly safe. Also if your still worried, wait until all vapours have dissipated in the area before you go back in.

Lee

Back