Projectors.

Well, I ordered it anyway. So I guess I let everyone know what I think.

Yeah, I didn't buy the one in the link at 65. I paid a bit more through amazon so I know I have a liberal return policy. I had never heard of the seller in the link. I originally had a link to the Amazon one but realized it was a link to a signed in page of my Amazon account so I deleted it and quickly found the link that is now posted.

But either way I will do a review of it because even at 90 bucks (what I paid) its still a good deal when compared to the lamp projectors...

But either way I will do a review of it because even at 90 bucks (what I paid) its still a good deal when compared to the lamp projectors...

Yes it is a good price and the local guy I have been teaching and helping wants a projector, But he is not going to fork over 300 bucks for one. He will be mainly doing drag cars . He is a good artist I have had him draw up a few designs to teach him how to control the airbrush.

Herb, my projector arrived today. All in all so far I like it. Not overwhelmed but it is what it is for under a 100 bucks. One thing I don't like right off the bat, the pictures want to show in a slide show so even if you only have one picture it transitions on itself. You can pause it but then you have a green bar that says pause. Not a real big deal, it can be worked around. Im not going to return it due that. It plenty bright enough to work under a normal light bulb as you will see in the pictures. Turn the light off and its even better. Feels a little cheap and plasticy' but id expect that for the price. I enlarged this file photo to fill a 20x30 inch sheet from about fiveish feet away. It has a 1/4 20 taped hole on the bottom so you can mount it on a tripod. Big plus

proj1.jpgproj2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i have that issue with my iPhone, I ended up buying a different cable, then using my camcorder to record and pause the output. Works even if it is a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its really not that big of a deal. If yo only have one picture loaded then it just cycles to that one and you get about 10 seconds before it goes again. So you just pause it until you get to the area where the green bar is located and deal with it transitioning. I look at it as a little break every ten seconds… ;-)

How is the focus? I have an old school, school projector, which works great but is very cumbersome. Taking it to a job site is a pain in the arse.

How is the focus? I have an old school, school projector, which works great but is very cumbersome. Taking it to a job site is a pain in the arse.

The focus is fine. Now if what you are really asking is how much detail can you see, thats a different answer. Its not a high res projector so you arent going to get super fine details unless its a super fine detailed picture. If you want that kind of resolution youll have to spend 200-400 bucks and get an HD projector. If all you need is something that will let you map in the main features of something, this little projector seems like (at this point) it will do a fine job.

Back