PS-270 spraying ink without pulling the needle back

Syed,

Thanks for the comment on the site. I thought of something else that might be happening. If the needle seal is too tight, the spring behind the trigger may not be strong enough to push the needle fully forward when you release it. If you help the spring with a slight pressure on the back of the needle and the problem stops, this could be happening. There should be just a little drag on the needle when you install or remove it. I believe your needle seal is adjustable.

Don

I think it is my last purchase from a source other than Amazon. It is whole lot easier, straight-forward, and convenient to return something purchased from Amazon than other sources.

Update: I was asked to take photos of nozzle with needle inside under the microscope so I did that. On the surface, there is no crack but if there is something inside of the nozzle, my poor microscope, even my endoscope (designed for surgery) can't look into. At any rate, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope that sooner of later I will have a functioning PS-270.

Attachments

• TN-2.jpg
    TN-2.jpg
    908 KB · Views: 23
  • TN-3.jpg
    TN-3.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 23
  • TN-4.jpg
    TN-4.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 21
  • TN-1.jpg
    TN-1.jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 24
  • TN-2.jpg
    TN-2.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 22
  • TN-3.jpg
    TN-3.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 21
  • TN-4.jpg
    TN-4.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 22
  • TN-top-1.jpg
    TN-top-1.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 24
  • TN-top-3.jpg
    TN-top-3.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 24
  • TN-top-4.jpg
    TN-top-4.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 21
Update: I was asked to take photos of nozzle with needle inside under the microscope so I did that. On the surface, there is no crack but if there is something inside of the nozzle, my poor microscope, even my endoscope (designed for surgery) can't look into. At any rate, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope that sooner of later I will have a functioning PS-270.
just me, or in pict tn-1 the left side of the nozzle bows out, and the gap to the right edge look larger? Look at the highlights and shadows approaching the top of the nozzle. From the center out, they all bow left.

it really is not that difficult - if you have paint spraying before you pull the trigger back, the needle and nozzle are not creating a seal. In a brand new brush, either have it exchanged, or have the needle and nozzle replaced.

just me, or in pict tn-1 the left side of the nozzle bows out, and the gap to the right edge look larger? Look at the highlights and shadows approaching the top of the nozzle. From the center out, they all bow left.
Good catch Dave. My eyes are not trained to notice these abnoramalities. Chad of spraygunner seems to have similar opinion after going through these images. He is going to send me a replacement needle/nozzle.

nice to see spraygunner stepping up and doing the honorable thing :thumbsup:
Yes, in-fact this is the second time in a row. I had originally ordered a Badger Krome Jet but the inside of the paint cup was very rough and I was most displeased with the finish for a $105 airbrush. I talked to Chad and he advised me to take the issue up with Badger who unfortunately didn’t see anything wrong with the finish. Chad stepped in and replaced the Krome with PS-270. Call it my bad luck or what, it didn’t function as expected. Now he agreed to replace the needle and nozzle for me. Now that is after sale service. Sometimes I grow little impatient but I should be more understanding. I am so very thankful to Chad and spraygunner.com.

.....I am so very thankful to Chad and spraygunner.com.
Chad certainly goes over and above expectations.
I did an order with him (remember I’m in Australia) and he was exceptionally helpful putting together a H&S infinity and spares package for me. H&S are hard to find here. Everything was secure, well padded and arrived in record time.

Back