Question about buying a 2nd airbrush

S

SHAGRATHI

Dear,

This is my first post in this forum,and I found this site by accident, read a couple of topics, and I decided to create my own topic and ask you a question. My main brush is an iwata eclipse cs 0.35mm and I do pretty much everything with it, the main reason that I use this is because it's a good airbrush, very easy to clean, it takes effort to clog it, and it's very good with detailing as well. I bought last summer a badger rage (from the renegade series) just to have a suction feed airbrush, and I came to conclusion which is that suction feed simply aren't good for scale modeling which is what I do with my airbrushes. Suction feed airbrushes can't spray with very low pressure that says it all. I only use it for spraying big amounts of paints, for primering ships, or applying varnishes, so I won't buy another suction feed airbrush for my hobby. The other airbrush I have is an iwata hp b plus, 0.2mm, which I had it for fine details very thin paint, used for highlighting aircraft panels, or some fine line camos etc. I say had because due to my false tightering of the nozzle to the body it got damaged beyond repair, not just the nozzle, the whole body it's very manor but it can't take a new nozzle, the threads of the body are damaged, tried to put some teflon and ca glue, but I get spurting, the airbrush doesn't worth to get a new body and nozzle at the body costs around 100 euros, the nozzle 46 euros, and the new airbrush 150 euros, go figure...I want to buy an airbrush for detailing gravity feed with 0.2mm nozzle, as the 0.35 and 0.3 don't have a big difference around 16% at spraying which ok isn't that critical to own two airbrushes 0.3 and 0.35, better off buy a 0.2mm. I read about harder & steenbeck, I was a click before buying infinity cr plus 0.2mm solo or evolution cr plus 0.2mm. I like their design, the fact that they are German, BUT I read a couple of comments from users of these airbrushes, that the needles are fragile, and the fact that acrylic paints dry quick even with retarder and I will have every often to clean the needle, it might get damage, from what people say, a lot easier than iwata. Thats a bummer for me, I can only get h&s replacement parts from UK (I am in Greece), I can get iwata parts from my town, and badger from another greek town. I see that +/- h&s and iwata parts are pricy, even if h&s is a little cheaper in parts with shipping it evens out with the iwata. Not all of the parts of iwata are expensive depending on the brush as well, for my eclipse a 0.35 needle costs me 10 euros, I don't think a h&s 0.2 needle will cost around that w/o shipping. So to sum it up, I have access to iwata parts, don't want to buy a badger, don't want to buy a suction feed, don't want to buy a 0.3mm size. Any thoughts, comments, please enlighten me.

Thanks

Another hp-b+ might be your best bet, parts are readily available, you have a ruined one for spares, and you are an Iwata person. Only other thing I would suggest is an hp-c+, but that's backtrack to a .3 . The only other option with Iwata if you want smaller than a .2 is the CM-b or CM -SB , both are a .18, and are serious airbrushes, so is their price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you contacted Iwata to see if they could repair your damaged airbrush?

Dear,

I can get iwata parts from my town, and badger from another greek town. Any thoughts, comments, please enlighten me.

Thanks
as much as I am an infinity fan, getting parts easily is vital sometimes. my next AB may well be an iwata, but not just yet. if you are carefull, needles dont get bent (much) but if you are like me, then I have to change the way I think regarding the H&S needle.

Lately I have been using a plain old tooth brush to scrub tip dry off, I have adopted this now that I own a Micron, I do not want to damage that sucker.

Have you contacted Iwata to see if they could repair your damaged airbrush?

Well I read their replacement policy, they will replace anything that is defective, but whatever is your fault, like my example they won't change it.

Airbrushes
An unprecedented five-year warranty backs all Iwata airbrushes. All Iwata airbrushes are warranted against all manufacturing defects of material and manufacture or workmanship for a period of FIVE years from date of purchase. Any part or material that is or becomes defective so as not to be usable within this period will be repaired or replaced. This warranty does not cover damage caused by negligence or units that have been altered or abused in any way.

Back