Question on how this moto tank with skull was done

B

brenden

So im trying to do whats in the pic cause i love the look of the skull blending right in with the blue but not sure how its done exactly? like when your done painting the skull do you just shoot a few layers of blue over the skull like this same blue the rest of the tank is or do you super reduce the blue and then shoot it over the skull not sure how its done exactly to get such a cool look and would really like to know

Attachments

• IMG_9474.JPG
    IMG_9474.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 73
hi - black base, white or silver detail to the skull and lots and lots of blue candy :) id say similar to how i did this :) for this i used inspire solvents range their royal blue candy over the top of solvent base black and white. you can get water base transparents which have a similar feel but the solovent candies will work the best for this effect for sure in my oppinion.. 1585833825019384.jpg1585834198352680 - Copy.jpg 1585834268352673.jpg 1585834355019331.jpg

Last edited:
So your saying thats how that moto tank was done? i dont see any silver in that skull at all and does the blue have to be candy and why whats it do from a regular blue?

Hi Brendan, there are others that will point you in the right direction. As a matter of politeness... can you head over to the introductions page and say Hi properly... then we know who we are talking too... so much nicer and a lot less awkward. What do you paint? What do you use? What toys do you have? Where in the world do you live? So many questions... we are a friendly bunch - look forward to getting to know you. Check out the nettiquette page as well - gives you a bit of a heads up on us!

So your saying thats how that moto tank was done? i dont see any silver in that skull at all and does the blue have to be candy and why whats it do from a regular blue?
Watch some youtube on how candy is applied and how it works. The silver you can't see has been turned blue by the candy over top... if you use a regular blue the pigment will cover the silver. The candy is transparent and allows you to see the silver shape underneath and gives it depth and shine. You can use regular blue but it won't look like that!

yes like others have said above candy paint is different to other base paints - base is like a marker pen and candy is like a pot of ink - its just colour you can build up layers but you can always see through it- once you have the hang of it though it is great fun to work with looks amazing though has an amazing ability to run and bleed through other layers so takes a bit of getting use to. but it is my favorite paint of all time to use. theres lots of paint brands that do candy so what ever brand u you use will most likely have a candy range.. please do go say hi will be great to know a little more about what you paint etc.

Back