Quick disconnect O ring problem

Zotilraxx

Air-Valve Autobot!
Help guys!!!

I went through 2 QD's. The O rings popped out while disconnecting. Consequently it's leaking now. I think I am doing something wrong for me to break 2 pretty quickly. I had one for a couple of years before I broke it.

Is there a way to replace these things? And is there a way for me to prolong the next O rings?

Thank you very much friends...

IMG_20180204_164932.jpg

I've never had an o-ring break like that.... is it a cheap disconnect ? is it possible to replace the O-ring, i've never checked mine to see what it has in there.

I don't think it's cheap or at least it was not cheap, price wise. I am going to see if can get some information from the place I bought it...

were you using the same male end both times it broke?
It may be malformed in some way or a mismatch like the groove goes in more than the locking balls deep and catches the oring, If so its going to continue to break the girls.
hello gutter:lipssealed:

You can replace the o ring just get the right size replacement and slide it in place on the female end in the groove made for it

Ouch! I've had the same thing happen with air tool quick connects. Same sort of animal as the ones for airbrushes, just a bit larger. They are a pain in the rear to replace, too. Half the time I wound up cutting the O-ring I tried to fit in the replace the bad one. It can be done if you're careful and can push the new O-ring into place without pinching it. My boss way back when yelled at me for wasting time and (more importantly for him) his money by trying to replace the O-ring when I could have just swapped out the quick connect. He had a box of junk QDs.
If you have had two of the same brand go belly up, consider purchasing a different brand. Also check for burrs or nicks on your airbrush QD connector(s).

were you using the same male end both times it broke?
It may be malformed in some way or a mismatch like the groove goes in more than the locking balls deep and catches the oring, If so its going to continue to break the girls.
hello gutter:lipssealed:

Yeah I was... maybe it is the male parts that has the problems...

Ouch! I've had the same thing happen with air tool quick connects. Same sort of animal as the ones for airbrushes, just a bit larger. They are a pain in the rear to replace, too. Half the time I wound up cutting the O-ring I tried to fit in the replace the bad one. It can be done if you're careful and can push the new O-ring into place without pinching it. My boss way back when yelled at me for wasting time and (more importantly for him) his money by trying to replace the O-ring when I could have just swapped out the quick connect. He had a box of junk QDs.
If you have had two of the same brand go belly up, consider purchasing a different brand. Also check for burrs or nicks on your airbrush QD connector(s).

Thanks, I will look into this...

Back