Quick question about compressors

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
So the regulator on the compressor....

When i set it to say, 20 psi, and i press down on my AB trigger, it IS supposed to drop down right? And then once you stop it bounces back up to 20?

don't worry all compressors do that. Your releasing some of the pressure when you press the trigger. Set your pressure with the trigger pressed.

Best way to set your regulator is with air flowing through your airbrush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. I know someone told me that before too, i couldn't be sure if my head was just making it up though.

Stop listening to the demons and you will be better off. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome and thank you!
I have been incorrectly setting my regulator. This may solve some issues for me.

Thank you for this wonderful tip, I were always setting it without airflow through the airbrush. Will try it next time I'm brushing.

When i want to set it to 20 PSI, and i am pressing on the trigger, it will end up being 25 or so psi, when i let goof the trigger, is that what is supposed to happen?

When i want to set it to 20 PSI, and i am pressing on the trigger, it will end up being 25 or so psi, when i let goof the trigger, is that what is supposed to happen?

Yes. Pressure will drop a bit as you are flowing air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Okay, so when its at 25, but i want to set it to 20, its really at 20 psi, because at 25 it drops to 20?

Just adjust the pressure when your pushing down completely on the trigger, the number you set it at will be your pressure, then look away from the dial when you let go of the trigger because it doesn't matter what number you get when the air is not going though the airbrush. The difference between the pressure when the trigger is pressed and when it is not varies depending on the airbrush, the tip and needle size, so you can't say that there is always so many psi difference between the two.

Hope this helps :)

Back