Quick Question

Raven

Triple Actioner
Hi Guys/Girls, Quick question, would anyone recommend adding 4030 with the 4011 and paint mix for adding strength. Only reason I'm asking is if I wanted to say do some heavy masking work would it make the paint layer more durable? .... cheers

Disclaimer: Most of my knowledge thus far is through research, not actual application.

From what I've read on it, it will probably help, but I would still put down a layer of inter-coat clear (4030 can be used for this) before masking. Createx recommends using UVLS clear before masking. In either case, I would do a test panel first as it is also going to depend on what masking you are using.

Don't base your decision on this info. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to make me either look smart, or like an idiot. :)

Last edited:
Do not allow air exposure of the 4030 more than absolutely necessary and only buy in small sizes as needed. it has a history of going hard in the bottle. I"ve thrown out 2 x 960 UNOPENED bottles recently and they were 2 years old.
Personally I will only be using the UVLS from here on in

Createx on YouTube will be help with you starting their paint system, keep in mind some of the products mentioned are either now deemed obsolete (4012) or now have a different name

Im just having a male day lmao... just realised i ordered Trans base so i can actually make my trans paints opaque while im waiting on paint order..... is it too early for a whiskey hahhah

Im just having a male day lmao... just realised i ordered Trans base so i can actually make my trans paints opaque while im waiting on paint order..... is it too early for a whiskey hahhah
Trans base won’t make you trans paint opaque
Transparent base is essentially colourless paint, used to reduce pigment load and make lighter layers, helpful so you don’t go to dark to quick.
To make a cup of paint opaque add a drop of white keep in mind it will change the colour slightly

Oh ok well JackEB your calling the internet a bogus load of rubbish and nothing can be trusted ever again? hahha guy from Createx said in video you could, but i probably miss read it. Long live the Truth of the WWW. I was taken back a little as im savy enough to do white into trans, oh well its a learning curve but all in all i love the createx so far :) .... and of course your advice, truely thankful Jack cheers

Oh ok well JackEB your calling the internet a bogus load of rubbish and nothing can be trusted ever again? hahha guy from Createx said in video you could, but i probably miss read it. Long live the Truth of the WWW. I was taken back a little as im savy enough to do white into trans, oh well its a learning curve but all in all i love the createx so far :) .... and of course your advice, truely thankful Jack cheers
If you’re referring to the video I put up I’d have to rewatch it and see where you needed to tune your hearing aid :)

Great video cheers
ok, I finally got round to rewatching the video, there is nowhere in there that he says that a trans base will make your transparents opaque.
now I've typed that, your statement makes no sense what so ever. how can adding transparent make something that is transparent opaque ?? !
I think you may have had one or two whiskeys prior to web surfing lol

Trans base will make your paints more transparent. That’s one of its main uses, as Transparent Base is exactly that. It’s paint with no pigment. It has a tone of uses and would work to help protect he paint below for masking. But UVLS clear is stronger for this purpose. 4030 can be used, but most of the current Createx videos they’re using UVLS clear for all the things they used to use 4030 for. It’s just been progressed and made better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back