Quick Question

Trans base is also good for adding flake, pearl or candy pigment to.

UVLS is a far superior product for that purpose @jord001. UVLS has a higher solids content compared to trans base and/or 4030. The higher solids content creates a better carrier for pearl and metallic flakes (I also prefer UVLS as a carrier for candy2o). It sprays better and lays down better based on my experience. One other thing worth mentioning... UVLS Gloss has the best adhesion properties according to Createx. I don't know why that is, but I only use the gloss for those purposes. I do use satin or matte for a final top coat on fine art.

UVLS is a far superior product for that purpose @jord001. UVLS has a higher solids content compared to trans base and/or 4030. The higher solids content creates a better carrier for pearl and metallic flakes (I also prefer UVLS as a carrier for candy2o). It sprays better and lays down better based on my experience. One other thing worth mentioning... UVLS Gloss has the best adhesion properties according to Createx. I don't know why that is, but I only use the gloss for those purposes. I do use satin or matte for a final top coat on fine art.
After watching your video on the 4030 (and your follow up video) and how it hardens in the bottle I checked my stash, I had 2 x 960ml bottles, unopened, that had turn to sludge, no matter how hard I shook the bottle the ball wouldn’t move. Yes they were 2 yrs old. They’re binned. I’ve now moved to the UVLS and no longer buy 960ml bottles of anything. UVLS is a great all rounder, not just for top coats.

After watching your video on the 4030 (and your follow up video) and how it hardens in the bottle I checked my stash, I had 2 x 960ml bottles, unopened, that had turn to sludge, no matter how hard I shook the bottle the ball wouldn’t move. Yes they were 2 yrs old. They’re binned. I’ve now moved to the UVLS and no longer buy 960ml bottles of anything. UVLS is a great all rounder, not just for top coats.

Agreed. I've actually been mixing some UVLS into a lot of other colors lately with outstanding results. I'm working on repairing someone else's custom paint job that got wrecked at the moment and UVLS has been instrumental in pulling off some tricks that are making the repair a lot easier, as well as less expensive. I really like the stuff and so far, I haven't had any negative issues with it!

Ditto. My recent bottle of 4030 was the first one I’d bought in a year since having two go hard in the bottle. So far so good with this bottle, but since trying uvls in the same application (mix additive), the 4030 is gathering dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know Trevor, I don't use createx products much but I do have some. I will also check out your video as I'm not up to date with how the Createx stuff works.
I had a small sample set with some candy2O which may have some 4030 but I don't think there's the uvls. I still have some Auto Air trans base :) But if the uvls is that good I will treat myself after Chrisymas.

I used UVLS for my Candy2o for the first time on the rose ornament. It is a lot better than 4030 or trans base ever was. It lays down better and the color seems to "pop" a lot more. I found it lays less blotchy...if that's a word lol. I haven't tried it as an additive yet...

It really is a much better product all round. I’m really liking using it.

It really is a much better product all round. I’m really liking using it.

I wholeheartedly agree. I used to be an avid 4030 user and loved it but it didn’t fall a little short of expectations pretty consistently. I bought some 4050 about 2 months ago and I’m totally hooked. WAYYYYY superior of a product

Back