Ray from UK

Raybo

Young Tutorling
I have been told to come here by the moderator to introduce myself. My name is Ray, short for Raymond. I am retired from logical engineering so I make stuff in my spare time. Mostly in 1/35 scale but sometimes in 1/72 scale for my little railway which is in 009 gauge. I have an Iwata and a H&S infinity. As summer comes on I will have to go out into the garage where ther is a big compressor, it came from Lidl I think but it works OK. I also have a smaller tank compressor that I use for airbrushing but I find it hard to work the regulator and it loves to dance across the desk or floor so I am finding it a strain. I am getting older every day. . .
What I am hoping to do is use the big compressor's hose with I think the standard 1/4 inch female end to connect to a better inline regulator on my work table and then plug my airbrush hose into that. Oh and I live in Norfolk quite close to the Wash. I hope that this introduction is good enough for you.

Ray

Welcome home Ray
Would love seeing you train set up :D
The only issues with keeping you big compressor in the garage or shed and plumbing a line in to the house to your work station will be weather and how it affect moisture in the line. So besides the regulator you will want a moisture trap set up before it hit the regulator.That is if I am reading your plan correctly.

Welcome Ray, glad to have you aboard. Look like you’ll want to scale down the 1/4 to a 1/8 size for the airbrush. I think you’ll be able to do this with a couple adaptors. There may even be a male 1/4 quick connect that scales to a 1/8 to attach the hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome from Australia Ray,
I think we have your problem sorted on your other thread :) its always nice to know a little about our members

Back