Re-Learning Airbrushing!

A

AutoXMan

Hi All,

Amazing forum so far, I am having a blast reading through the wealth of information here. I even posted a question on the beginner area and it was answered so quickly I can tell this community is fantastic.

Anyway, about me. I have been painting super basic radio control vehicle bodies for friends so we have unique paint schemes when we go racing. I still have TONS to learn and all the basic techniques I need a lot of practice, but it sure was fun. I stopped racing, and subsequently stopped painting, but the whole time felt like I should keep going. Well the time has come again to keep learning and start up again.

I have a couple of Iwata Revolution CRs which are 0.5mm but I am going to practice with them doing the basic space scene linked in the airbrush tutor page. I just use a basic 1 gallon tank Senco compressor which is surprisingly quiet for what it is. Here is a picture of one of the bodies, as you can see its so simple, but looked okay on the track! I am now trying to learn the more advanced techniques.

P3050085.jpg

-Mark

Hi Herb,

Thanks! Yeah I saw that earlier seems like a good option for me!

Hey Mark! Glad you decided to give it another go! And you found the best place to do it. Check out the free vids here http://www.airbrushtutor.com/tutorials if you haven't seen them already, and shout out any questions. The guys around here, are only too happy to help, we've all been where you are and hopefully you can avoid some of the pitfalls we found lol!

Those videos are what got me excited to pick up painting again :)

Can't wait to give the space scene a go!

Hello Mark , hey I got back into recantly and have had to learn again ,yes sometimes frustrating but suddenly it all clicked and i am improving daily . So just stick with it and follow the lead of all the tutorials etc and keep practicing. And all will come good .

Hello Mark , hey I got back into recantly and have had to learn again ,yes sometimes frustrating but suddenly it all clicked and i am improving daily . So just stick with it and follow the lead of all the tutorials etc and keep practicing. And all will come good .
Good to know you're getting back on track ferret!

Two Marks joined the forum this week - must be a good sign... :) Welcome from New Zealand Mark!

Lets hope we don't get a skidmark !!!! (sorry mark you just got threadjacked, now you're truly one of us :D)

If you carry on with that kind of talk, the bottom of your leg could end up with red Mark, and I suppose that statement has just earned me a black Mark, but who cares, at some point we all overstep the Mark:)

Hey Mark! Glad you decided to give it another go! And you found the best place to do it. Check out the free vids here http://www.airbrushtutor.com/tutorials if you haven't seen them already, and shout out any questions. The guys around here, are only too happy to help, we've all been where you are and hopefully you can avoid some of the pitfalls we found lol!
Pitfall's?? I found open pits to big to cover up:depressed:

Back