really necessary a bearing for .2 conversion in iwata hi line

U

ulltraz

i was reading coast airbrush and looking at some iwatas hi lines because i took the decision to play it safe,no mojos,and i saw that they sell a conversion fot the hpch.upon the kits they had a 56 buck offer for a needle a nozzle,nozzle cap and a bearing.is it really necessary to have a new bearing in the tranformation from .3 to .2?

anything about it will be very appreciated.and thank you to whom said stick to iwatas.

The shaft size on the needle are the same so that is why you do not have to buy a new needle bearing for it.

It is know as the poormans Micon. At the time I bought my Micron it was 2 dollars cheaper than building a poorman's micron like Craig Fraser uses. So I figured Just get the real deal . But right after that the price for the Micron went back up ..

The shaft size on the needle are the same so that is why you do not have to buy a new needle bearing for it.

It is know as the poormans Micon. At the time I bought my Micron it was 2 dollars cheaper than building a poorman's micron like Craig Fraser uses. So I figured Just get the real deal . But right after that the price for the Micron went back up ..

lol. yeah, the "poor man" part is a bit relative. Craig has taken to simply switching the nozzle to a .2, and keeping the .3 needle. He says he likes the faster paint response more with that set up. If I remember right, he changes the air cap, as well, but don't quote me on that one. I think he also uses a taller trigger from another Iwata model. But, with the Iwata Kustom series parts available, you can simply order a trigger for the Kustom HP-C+ and put it in your "normal" HP.

I put a .2 nozzle on my Olympos HP100-C (the Iwata HP-C's grand daddy) simply because I had a spare .2 nozzle, but no spare .3. I wound up switching it back, since I have enough "detail" airbrushes as it is, but it does work pretty well. But, unless you're absolutely hooked on the larger paint cup, I'd just get an HP-B or better yet, an SB. But, I am partial to side feeds.

that´s the kind of responce for which i love you people!!!that really puts into perspective what i have to do!!!thank you!!!

If you change the needle you should change the bearing. I have a few .2 HPs and there is a diffrence in the needle shaft diameter on the ones I have. Even still were talking .1mm. It could be made up by tightening the bearing a bit.

None the less I have done the conversion and use my same needle. It works good. Fraiser does it and it save a little cash.

Iwatas are a good brush no doubt about it but just to be fair the richpen and iwata parts are completely interchangeable.

Back