Recipe for pearl colour, pearlscent?

Dmfinearts

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hi i`d hope i get this one in the right topic, and hope ya guys can help me out .
How do I blend the pearl colour in a best way?, I have run with AA `s colors with white sealer as a base and then put some layers of white hot rod sparkle for its shimmer and its effect ...so whats next step its really white, should i take some high reduced pink / magenta or something metallic / silver..gray 40 % .. anyone know?

-let me know if you want me to ad some pics of the object and its current base and colour..

Ok, first a couple questions... What color are you trying to get to? Have you watched the videos from smdesigns on youtube? He goes into detail on how to apply pearls, flakes etc. How to mix them for different effects. etc.
Posting a couple pics would help us to see what is going on and perhaps help to rectify the situation.

Ok, first a couple questions... What color are you trying to get to? Have you watched the videos from smdesigns on youtube? He goes into detail on how to apply pearls, flakes etc. How to mix them for different effects. etc.
Posting a couple pics would help us to see what is going on and perhaps help to rectify the situation.

Heres a referenspic that shows the colour of pearl....and my objekt a laptop..really hard to see on pic but i have shade in to the centre
with som aluminium/silver and then adding a very thin magenta/pink colour in the shadings...the problem is, its very sparkling and not in the way to its shimmer effect..could be the base with sparkle white hot rod thats the prob?....or it`s just turns great with a layer of clear coat, to bring the colours togheter...

Attachments

• l_nice-genuine-pearl-earrings-in-925-silver-4-5-5mm-3c79.jpg
    l_nice-genuine-pearl-earrings-in-925-silver-4-5-5mm-3c79.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 10
  • phpLJYCjHPM.jpg
    phpLJYCjHPM.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 10
Last night I did a (terrible) silver alum base on a scuffed black panel with AA green pearl, mixing the semi opaque emerald green with the pearl. The color came out very nice to my eyes, the painting and taping not so much. My fineline pulled up way more than I wanted, and I pulled an entire section off :(

I'll put a pic up once I pull it from my phone. Whether it was GOOD or not, I do like the color :)

Last night I did a (terrible) silver alum base on a scuffed black panel with AA green pearl, mixing the semi opaque emerald green with the pearl. The color came out very nice to my eyes, the painting and taping not so much. My fineline pulled up way more than I wanted, and I pulled an entire section off :(

I'll put a pic up once I pull it from my phone. Whether it was GOOD or not, I do like the color :)

interesting..keeping a eye on this one

..update before clear coated

In the darker pic ya can see it a little more clear in the shadings of a performing old/thrasy pearl colour.
And its center is plain white hot rod sparkle...process lies precisely in this now under a piano finish

Attachments

• phpeHI3gMAM.jpg
    phpeHI3gMAM.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 8
  • phpZ86CSfAM.jpg
    phpZ86CSfAM.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 8
Back