Recipes please!

J

jared

Have been able to make quite a bit of really nice flesh tones from driscoll system.Considering I am greedy for flesh tone recipes most of all would anyone indulge me. Also I always hear same thing add violet to kill yellow- have mixed most normal ways can someone offer advanced recipes!! I am so close to being about where I want be please push me a little further thanks!!!!

No magic recipes for flesh , Being no two flesh tones are the exact same.
Plus if you took the time to use the search feature on the forum you my find some recipes that others used in a painting.

Have been able to make quite a bit of really nice flesh tones from driscoll system.Considering I am greedy for flesh tone recipes most of all would anyone indulge me. Also I always hear same thing add violet to kill yellow- have mixed most normal ways can someone offer advanced recipes!! I am so close to being about where I want be please push me a little further thanks!!!!

Put up a photo of your work and we'll tell what you need to know, we can't tell you where to go if we don't where you are.

I'd recommend taking one of Dru Blair's classes. The color matching is done in the Airbrush Getaway classes, which is much more cost effective. The classes at his school are much better though.

Like Herb said, there is no magic. You even said it yourself with the "add violet to kill yellow" just apply that to when you see too much of any color, you add its complement. Some times you'll see an obvious color you need to add, but most of it is all killing saturation. There is no more advanced way to match a color, it's always the same process.

This color matching thing is hard I'm always very close.Wish I could take Dru class but expensive! Although I have wasted money on worst things!

I like the paints in the driscoll set, but the tutorial that comes with them I find only works with that one painting. All skin tones are different, so as mentioned there's not really any standard recipe, just got to mix and match for every painting. In one of airbrush tutors videos (I'm afraid I can't remember which, though I'm sure someone will) he shows how he matched a skintone. If I'm right, I believe it took him around 17 tries to get the exact colour he was looking for. No shortcuts with colour matching - just experience, and if it isn't right the first time or two, perseverance LOL.

Hey feel weird for asking but need to post pics!! How do I? Same as facebook? Never participated in forum that way. Thanks for any help.

At the bottom of where you post you will see 3 tabs one reads post reply the next Upload a file and the last is more options.
Click on the one which reads upload a file and after that just browse to the file you wish to upload.

I like the paints in the driscoll set, but the tutorial that comes with them I find only works with that one painting. All skin tones are different, so as mentioned there's not really any standard recipe, just got to mix and match for every painting. In one of airbrush tutors videos (I'm afraid I can't remember which, though I'm sure someone will) he shows how he matched a skintone. If I'm right, I believe it took him around 17 tries to get the exact colour he was looking for. No shortcuts with colour matching - just experience, and if it isn't right the first time or two, perseverance LOL.
I was watching that earlier today, Denise i think, and thought if Mitch took 17 try's theres no hope for me lol

It is telling me file to large?
That's because the file size or image width/height are too large. Resize your image to something smaller. I generally use 1024 as my max dimension and have no problems. I'm sure they can be wider, but 1024 gives a file size that is always small enough, yet big enough to see plenty of detail.

I was watching that earlier today, Denise i think, and thought if Mitch took 17 try's theres no hope for me lol
At first it takes more than 17. Hell, when you do the color matching in Dru's class, he is brutal. You think it's so close and yet you're not. On my Caiman Paint Pal, I spent probably 6 hours just matching the paints I needed for the project with a total of 22 hours after I got done painting it.

At first it takes more than 17. Hell, when you do the color matching in Dru's class, he is brutal. You think it's so close and yet you're not. On my Caiman Paint Pal, I spent probably 6 hours just matching the paints I needed for the project with a total of 22 hours after I got done painting it.
When I get this weeks shifts out the way I'm going to do the Pinocchio colour match demo that I've printed out ready, I'm sure that will enlighten me to how long it takes:sour:.

When I get this weeks shifts out the way I'm going to do the Pinocchio colour match demo that I've printed out ready, I'm sure that will enlighten me to how long it takes:sour:.
That thread only mentions transparent paints, but the color shifting is the same with matching opaques. The only difference really is that your final matched color value is locked in by the amount of white. The killing of the dominant colors applies to matching trans or opaque.

I am on Samsung phone surprised the images is to large.
How many KB is the file. If the photo shows in MB it is too big.
My camera shoots in RAW form 6400 by whatever it is I forget now but I resize them to 1600x1200 and they work fine.

How many KB is the file. If the photo shows in MB it is too big.
My camera shoots in RAW form 6400 by whatever it is I forget now but I resize them to 1600x1200 and they work fine.

That's strange, I don't have to resize mine when I upload them, but mine is a iPhone, not a Samsung.
image.jpg

Back