Recommendations

Z

ZJOmega

Hello all,
Thank you in advance for any advise you can give. I soon have a project coming up where I will be doing a fairly large mural for someone. I'm looking into getting a larger compressor for the job. I currently use a SparMaxx TC501-N for my projects and it does the job quite well. However, this project is going to take a lot of time, air and paint and I don't want to beat on my little SparMax. I know you can use just about any Compressor for airbrushing but finding the adapters to make it work would be the more difficult task. Any Advise?

I don't know if American is different to European, but most compressor hoses are 1/4 inch, and airbrushes 1/8 inch. You can get adaptors, just need to make sure the small one is compatable with your brand of airbrush.

Hope this helps, just measure the ends of your knew fittings.

BSP SizeThreads to mm
⅛"...... 8.57 mm
¼"....... 11.45 mm
⅜"...... 14.95 mm
½"...... 18.63 mm
¾"...... 24.12 mm
1" ...... 30.29 mm

Last edited by a moderator:
What size is the end of your airbrush hose? I know my Paasche hoses are 1/4NPT. A standard 1/4in nipple screws directly in. If you live near a decent hardware store (aka my local Ace Hardware) they typically have a thread gauge available so you can check the sizes, and will most likely have any adaptor you might need. I do remember years ago seeing a 1/4NPT to Badger Airbrush hose adapter, apparently the Badger hose has the same small connection on both ends. If you need something like that, you may have to get it from an airbrush supply place.

BSP SizeThreads to mm
⅛"...... 8.57 mm
¼"....... 11.45 mm
⅜"...... 14.95 mm
½"...... 18.63 mm
¾"...... 24.12 mm
1" ...... 30.29 mm

I would use information like this with caution. It is very important that you know what type of thread you are dealing with. There are certain threads that will screw together, but they will never seal, no matter how much teflon tape you put on them. Ask me how I know this... :confused:

I would use information like this with caution. It is very important that you know what type of thread you are dealing with. There are certain threads that will screw together, but they will never seal, no matter how much teflon tape you put on them. Ask me how I know this... :confused:

I agree Jurien, that was a bit of a basic quick fix, not everyone knows how to use thread gauges, a micrometer and owns a Zeus book lol.

I once flooded my bathroom, until the ceiling down stairs gave out, then flooded the hallway - because I'm an idiot.

Forgot I left the water running in the bath. The collapsing ceiling and wet feet from standing in a puddle reminded me though.

Back