Recommended Compressors Video

airbrushtutor

Love Spreading Overseer
Hi everyone,

just wanted to make a quick video on some recommended airbrush compressors and what to look out for as a beginner who wants to get into free hand airbrushing.
For more information a new Ebook shall become available on the airbrushtutor site in around 2 months time?? This will have much further detailed information on what to look out for in terms of compressor duty cycles, CFM ratings of you compressor and marrying them up with the demands of your individual airbrush! Tried to make it as easy to watch as possible, but to be honest i just find compressors a bit boring! :disturbed: Except for the cool Bambi at the end! Enjoy!!:afro:

[video=youtube_share;C_VlN8zu5ds]http://youtu.be/C_VlN8zu5ds[/video]

watched it!! that's a SEXY little bambi you have there!! sure wish I had a compressor that doesn't wake up the next county!!!!

Very good video , that bambi is so sexy compressor

I remember the time before I change the motor of my compressor for one fridge motor , remember myself holding my breath , so concentrated trying to make a good line and the compressor start , scare the hell out of my , obviously ruining my work , LOL

You hippy. Your hair is getting out of hand.

I think the first two compressors should be removed from the market altogether. They are more hassle then what they are worth.

I got the same one, except with 1 moisture trap less on it....the Bambi that is. Must be a later model....or have you put an extra one there Mitch? And i have to add that the service on the Bambi is also excellent !

Hello all...this is my first post, and Im a total nOOb with airbrush art as well... :)

Im sold on Bambi, but I cant find any in Australia. Does anyone know where to buy one?

They are based in the UK Buai, I shipped one in from there myself....saved me about a 100 Euro buying it there instead of the Bambi shop here.

Here is the link if you're interested, before you order one you mail them to find out what it would cost for shipping it. The person who will be handling it is called Nick Clark.
This is his email, so you can try to get some info, nclark@rheological.co.uk

Aircomps Air Compressors | Bambi Budget Archives - Aircomps Air Compressors

Unless Mitch got his somewhere from Australia, then he would be the right person to give you the info.

Found this site doing a google search. Welcome to the forum from the US by the way.

Hello and thanks for the welcome wmlepage...

I can find Bambi no problem. Just not here in Australia. But thanks for looking anyway :)

They are based in the UK Buai, I shipped one in from there myself....saved me about a 100 Euro buying it there instead of the Bambi shop here.

Here is the link if you're interested, before you order one you mail them to find out what it would cost for shipping it. The person who will be handling it is called Nick Clark.
This is his email, so you can try to get some info,

Unless Mitch got his somewhere from Australia, then he would be the right person to give you the info.

Cheers SaxTecc05...I emailed a dealer in the UK and he said the freight would cost a fortune to send it to Oz. But I emailed Bambi direct as well, so perhaps they have a solution to that expense.
OR...Mitch might know who to contact. I doubt I can send a private message to Mitch yet via the forum, so Ill just have to be patient.

I just realised, Nick Clark is the guy who told me yesterday that the freight would be crazy to Oz... beats me

Update;
Graham at Bambi Air in the Uk has directed me to Fimet Ltd to source a Bambi. I checked at the website...they have one Bambi compressor there, but not the BB24V.
I sent 'Jeff' at Fimet Ltd an email to see if he has any, or can get them in perhaps. I'll update when I get a clue.

Update: Bambi isnt cheap in OZ. Here's the rundown on costs I got from the guy that Bambi Air put me on to.

Bambi BB24V Compressor

$1600+ GST =$1,760

Freight Delivery Cost

$200 + GST = $220

Delivery 4-6 weeks from order confirmation

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the headnod! And the animation Lol! I have a heeeee-uge compressor. It's 200 litres, a bit excessive, but hubby already had it for his airtools. It is loud enough to wake the dead. Seriously!!! But it fills real quick, and lasts forever, so can go through the night without fear of resurrecting zombies. That bambi looks purty darn sexy though!

great video!
just a tip for airbrush tutor,
put a curtain behind the camera, covering the wall you are facing while talking.
this will increase the quality of the sound a LOT. (it sounds a bit like you are in a toilet right now ;) )

This video made me by an oil cooled silent Compressor... Pick it up tomorrow = sexwee

Nah mate
It looks simlar (i think )
2013-07-19_14-41-40.jpg

Guy hasn't used it. Got it for £100 on eBay. Had only been listed for 30 mins so I had to grab it.
15l tank. He says It's almost inaudible when it kicks in.

What do you reckon? :)

i reckon you got yourself a great deal there!!! i havnt seen the make before ( or i havnt taken much notice as the green on the bambi draws my attention to the point of addiction), but yer it looks pretty similar, not a massive tank so the motor should be able to keep up and at a nice price.... anything breaks you can always get parts reasonably cheap and tbh there is not alot to go wrong with these, just remember to keep it oiled!

Don't you worry fez. If there's one thing I know It's how to keep my pump lubed. Cheers for the comment. The guy who has sold me that oiless 3 ltr bagocrap won't respond to me now!!!

Found this very similar compressor available in Australia for $1,110 hobbytools.com.au/ artlogic-ac12-25-oil-lubricated/
[you'll have to remove the space in the link, the forum won't let me post a link]

Back