Red to White - what to add to white so I don't have color shift?

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
I need to correct my mistake, so I rather ask before I make a bigger mess. :D

Anybody? :)
And how much? 4 part of white and 1 part of which color?

I don’t understand Husky, (but ive just started my morning coffee yay for Saturday sleep ins)

The minute you add white to a colour you no longer have a pure colour. You could go from white to red but you’d get a pink stage as soon as you introduce to two colours. Same with the brown

do you have a picture that may explain what you want to achieve

my brain went straight into ‘Code pink’ mode :laugh:

I don’t understand Husky, (but ive just started my morning coffee yay for Saturday sleep ins)

The minute you add white to a colour you no longer have a pure colour. You could go from white to red but you’d get a pink stage as soon as you introduce to two colours. Same with the brown

do you have a picture that may explain what you want to achieve

my brain went straight into ‘Code pink’ mode :laugh:
I wanna cover redish color with white color so I get a clean slate :D
Also I was wondering for covering brown color with white, so it ends white.

I have a picture, but I can't show it... It's a secret :lipssealed:

I just noticed shoutbox....

So lets clear this :

red screw up, what to use so it ends white. Spraying white over.
Brown screw up. The same question.

There is no pink code here :whistling:

I wanna cover redish color with white color so I get a clean slate :D
Also I was wondering for covering brown color with white, so it ends white.

I have a picture, but I can't show it... It's a secret :lipssealed:
Aha, now it makes sense !
If you are using the yupo, use a little bit of reducer on a cotton tip and wipe the red up off the yupo, same with the brown.
maybe sealing the colour with a bleed check type of product then using an opaque white ?

Aha, now it makes sense !
If you are using the yupo, use a little bit of reducer on a cotton tip and wipe the red up off the yupo, same with the brown.
maybe sealing the colour with a bleed check type of product then using an opaque white ?
no yupo, no erasing. I need something to cover up my mistake... And it's not a t-shirt either lol

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but aside from candies, what can't you just cover with opaque white and be good?

I'm trying to learn here. Also, don't answer if it is crucial to keeping said secret.
you get some weird stuff happening, they call it a blueshift. I am also new to this, cause I was spraying more or less t-shirts...

And there is no dumb questions. At least in my world lol

mainly you save your white areas, it is easier to mask off areas you want pure white then trying to cover it with white,
erasing or scratching back to the white also work then you can come back over the area with white so the color shift looks more natural.

mainly adding a bit of orange to white only prevents the blue shift on black

I think it may depend on paint ( opaque vs trans ) . But with trans I havd had luck going from red to whit by doing it slowly. mixing up a pink and lightly covering the red as small an area as possiable. the repeating with a lighter pink expanding the area repeating with lighter pink until you get to white

Back